New Mile PR (Read 1316 times)

Sheesh... If we were to race it would be really close, if I was running a 1/2 mile and you were running a whole one. Smile Awesome job, keep us updated!

The Floor Walker

Nick, Great run man!! Just looking at your training log, you're way ahead of where I was in high school. I was doing around 30 miles a week and finally broke 5:00 my junior year with a 4:58. It is probably one of my most memorable moments in running. Of course, once I stepped up my mileage I was consistently below 5 for the rest of my H.S. career, with a 4:41 PR by the end of my senior year. But that first 4:58...oh man...the chicks were all over me that day Big grin I think if you stick to the training you're doing now, you'll be well below 5:00 by junior year. Keep it up bro and keep us posted! Matt
        Dude, that was awesome. Keep us posted on your times. Smile For us old folks we could use a hanicap with our times. try this.... http://www.pinebeltpacers.org/AgeGrade/newwava.html
        Join me on a run.
          2 weeks ago i ran a 4:49!!!

https://www.instagram.com/tfilarski/

Member Since 2008

5:15!!! Pretty excited I can't wait to break 5 I think I will maybe my junior year or this year If i really push it hard
            Oh to be young again. Good Job!
            jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

2 weeks ago i ran a 4:49!!!
              Nice job, Timmy F! Big grin Looks like your 2-mile PR is in jeopardy, too. McMillan's Running Calculator says your equivalent 2-mile time for a 4:49 mile is 10:16.7! Now that's no guarantee, but 10:52 is a very soft PR if you're running a sub 4:50-mile. Next time you run the two, aim for about a 5:10~5:15 first mile (keep the first lap sane -- no faster than 75 sec), hold on tight for laps 5~7, and let it absolutely rip on the last lap. You'll be surprised how fast you can run! Good luck!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Slow-smooth-fast

goddamn I could only dream of times like them, I am still 2 st over weight though, so it will improve eventually.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Congrats man! 9 seconds is huge. You'll break 5 minutes. Trust me, once you do it the first time, you'lll start knocking it out of the park. I remember how I kept hanging around 5:01 and 5:03...and then one day just gutted out a 4:59. From then on...I almost never ran over 5 again. Just gotta have that one breakthrough. You'll get there... I also ran a new mile PR last Tuesday night. I ran 4:41...which was a 2 second PR. My 4:43 old PR was run in October of 1999! So this was a very satisfying PR. Great stuff.

Sack up and run.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I also ran a new mile PR last Tuesday night. I ran 4:41...which was a 2 second PR. My 4:43 old PR was run in October of 1999! So this was a very satisfying PR. Great stuff.
                    Nice job Jake! Sometimes, the mid 20's can be a wasteland as far as keeping fitness goes, but you're doing a great job of keeping it going! Big grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Shocked Dang!

Vim

Wowzers, you are FAST! Smile
                        2009: BQ?

Michelle

Inspector Gadget? Smile
                            Go-Go-Gadget Copter! One of my favorite shows to help me waste away my Saturday mornings during my misspent youth.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Go-Go-Gadget Copter! One of my favorite shows to help me waste away my Saturday mornings during my misspent youth.
                              Mine too! I used to watch it after school. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKeE3saeguY

Michelle