Rockford Illinois Marathon (Read 426 times)

http://rockfordmarathon.com/ Anyone else looking to do the Rockford Marathon? I know it is returning this year for the first time in a long time.

The Greatest of All Time

I think I am going to do it but have not sent in $ yet. I am doing the Lincoln Memorial 1/2 in Sprinfield on April 5, and if that goes as planned I will probably make the 45 minute drive out to Rockford.
      all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
        Hmm... 1/2 marathon ~1 month before the marathon... I have heard that is a good thing Big grin I probably will not join you down there but have fun with that one! I am a little sceptical of doing a marathon in its inaugural year (well at least the first time in a long time) but I guess, what is the worst thing that could happen? They loose my time, no water on the course, ehh... I think I am going to try it. So you live in Schaumburg I use to go to my reserve unit in Arlington Heights off of Central Road. I cannot remember the name of the park I use to run in but there was one nearby Arlington Heights that I use to do ~9 mile loop on. Also, there was one in Schaumburg but it went on and off roads so often I didn't really care for it.

The Greatest of All Time

Hmm... 1/2 marathon ~1 month before the marathon... I have heard that is a good thing Big grin I probably will not join you down there but have fun with that one! I am a little sceptical of doing a marathon in its inaugural year (well at least the first time in a long time) but I guess, what is the worst thing that could happen? They loose my time, no water on the course, ehh... I think I am going to try it. So you live in Schaumburg I use to go to my reserve unit in Arlington Heights off of Central Road. I cannot remember the name of the park I use to run in but there was one nearby Arlington Heights that I use to do ~9 mile loop on. Also, there was one in Schaumburg but it went on and off roads so often I didn't really care for it.
          Are you referring to Busey Woods Forest Preserve? It's basically between 290/53 and Arlington Heights Rd. The main entrace is on Higgins just East of the highway? There is a real nice 7.6 mile loop through there that is great to run during a sun rise. Lots of deer and a herd of Elk fenced in at about the 3 mile point.
          all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
            that is probably it... I know I always started at a parking lot near Golf Road that stretch off the main loop by ~1/2 mile. For being that close to Chicago I was always impressed to find something as nice as that. For my first couple of years running in Arlington Heights I never knew it existed until one night I was running and saw a sign saying "trail ahead", I jumped on the trail and kept on going! I was really excited because I was use to running on country roads where my biggest traffic alert was a cow walking across the road! Tongue