More Progress (Read 712 times)

JoggingPanda

I am coming along great. Tonight I ran 1.5 miles up and down hilly roads. I walked 1 telephone pole length at the 1 mile mark because a hill had my number. Other then that though, I ran the rest. I feel really good about tonight!

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Good for you! (If you are using the log here at RA, feel free to make it public so we can follow your progress too.) Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Nice job! Keep it up and those hills will be answering to you in no time.

mdmccat
        JoggingPanda

mdmccat- I have ran that course 3 times now and the first time is the only time those hills got me. Everytime since, I have run it non-stop. I have a rule, if I run it 3 times without stopping it is mine to do anytime I want and that means I need to start adding more distance.

Question- I have found that it takes my body around 3 days to fully recover from a run. Is this unusual? Or is this due to my weight?

an amazing likeness

Question- I have found that it takes my body around 3 days to fully recover from a run. Is this unusual? Or is this due to my weight?

J-Panda -- sounds like you're making great progress. No, it should not take you 3 days to recover from your previous run.  That's a sign that you're pushing too hard in some way...be it distance or pace. You are early on in a long journey, you should expect to some aches and soreness, but not 3 days to recovery and feel ready for your next run.  Try to figure what it takes for you to make it easier to be ready for your next run.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.