Post Count/Profile Started Threads (Read 732 times)

TheDroppingDead

I recommend adding the feature to see how many posts somebody has next to their name, on each and every post they submit. So then, we can see how long someone has been here at runningAHEAD.(due to the higher number of post count) This would also be beneficial, because we can see who the "experts" are, since they posted more, and most likely know what they are talking about. Smile Now, for the Profile Starting of threads. I advise you add the function, for users to have the ability to see which threads were started, by a particular person, by clicking on their profile. What I mean is, is if you visit somebodys' profile, there should be an option to see which threads were started by them, by clicking on the "Threads started by this user" button. These are just suggestions Smile
    Troy.

I recommend adding the feature to see how many posts somebody has next to their name, on each and every post they submit. So then, we can see how long someone has been here at runningAHEAD.(due to the higher number of post count) This would also be beneficial, because we can see who the "experts" are, since they posted more, and most likely know what they are talking about. Smile Now, for the Profile Starting of threads. I advise you add the function, for users to have the ability to see which threads were started, by a particular person, by clicking on their profile. What I mean is, is if you visit somebodys' profile, there should be an option to see which threads were started by them, by clicking on the "Threads started by this user" button. These are just suggestions Smile

I've seen this sort of thing on other sites, but let's be honest: quantity is not the same thing as quality. I think you can get a petty good sense of a poster's experience and expertise by looking at his or her training log.

It should be mathematical, but it's not.

L Train

I suggest that eric also add a feature where we can all vote on every post so that we can determine whether oir not it was a quality post.  Then the totals can be aggragated and ranked, and placed underneath our avatar.  If someone's quality/quantity ratio becomes too low, they should be sent a warning to either decrease their posts or increase their quality.  After 2 such warnings those deemed unworthy should be banned from the site.   

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I've seen this sort of thing on other sites, but let's be honest: quantity is not the same thing as quality. I think you can get a petty good sense of a poster's experience and expertise by looking at his or her training log.

Also by sitting back and "listening" Smile

steph  

I suggest that eric also add a feature where we can all vote on every post so that we can determine whether oir not it was a quality post.  Then the totals can be aggragated and ranked, and placed underneath our avatar.  If someone's quality/quantity ratio becomes too low, they should be sent a warning to either decrease their posts or increase their quality.  After 2 such warnings those deemed unworthy should be banned from the site.   

"...either decrease their posts or increase their quality"--that's my favorite thing I've seen today so far.

You should really aim for 2 to 3 quality posts per week. The rest should all be easy.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
              We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

You should really aim for 2 to 3 quality posts per week. The rest should all be easy.

At that rate, you'd never achieve "expert" status.

Feeling the growl again

At that rate, you'd never achieve "expert" status.

But what if he really nails his goal threads?

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

But what if he really nails his goal threads?

He'd have to make sure he didn't post ANY non-monumental topics or comments. That would decrease his quality. Maybe enough for a warning.
                    xhristopher

Something like on the http://united-gamerz.net forum, the only other place "Prosperity before Entity" turns up on google? Even with all that unnecessary profile crap it looks like they have already tried to ban you.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Dood, I woulda so been banned at least 5 years ago. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xhristopher

Dood, I woulda so been banned at least 5 years ago. Tongue

This is why I don't post here.
                          L Train

Sorry, x, that post is deemed to be low quality. 

#artbydmcbride

Big grin

Runners run

I've seen this sort of thing on other sites, but let's be honest: quantity is not the same thing as quality. I think you can get a pretty good sense of a poster's experience and expertise by looking at his or her training log.

+1

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau