13:07.18 (Read 1532 times)

Why is it sideways?

The 3000m is probably Lagat's best event, whereas Rupp is truly a 10,000m runner. So, the edge goes to Lagat.

On the other hand, this race is a much bigger deal for Rupp than for Lagat. My guess is that Salazar and Nike wouldn't let this matchup happen unless they thought Rupp was ready to do something special. Either way, it's a great chance for Rupp to hone his tactical racing skills against perhaps the best tactical racer in the world. 

This race is all about London. If Lagat wins, then no one is surprised--Rupp is racing out of range of his best event, and Lagat is, well, Lagat.

But if Rupp wins, then maybe he starts to believe that he's got the skills to medal in London. That' why I'm pulling for Rupp.

lap

If not, we should start one......Shocked

I think there used to be a sub 4 minute mile thread.  That one was interesting.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Live

God Bless You, Nads.  (Coming from an athiest, that means a lot.  Or, I guess, nothing.  But take it to mean a lot.) 

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

Coulda been faster.  Too much arm movement.  

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Lagat it was! Unbelievable kick in the last lap!
              LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

God Bless You, Nads.  (Coming from an athiest, that means a lot.  Or, I guess, nothing.  But take it to mean a lot.) 

Smile Likewise.
                LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Coulda been faster.  Too much arm movement.  

20%
                    Lagat it was! Unbelievable kick in the last lap!

Heh, didn't want to spoil it for those who didn't catch the live feed, but there it is.  No record (altitude), but holy shit that last lap was incredible.  How is that dude older than me?!  Depressing and inspiring, all at the same time.  

Jack Kerouac

I will take it, thankfully! Smile

Why is it sideways?

Didn't see the race, but heard that Rupp never really looked good and that Lagat was every bit Lagat.

vegefrog

Just watched the race.

Very motivating. I gotta learn how to draft Wink

That sprint at the end was so awesome, I couldn't even see Lagat's legs he was running so fast! Their form is so perfect!!

Why is it sideways?

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Didn't see the race, but heard that Rupp never really looked good and that Lagat was every bit Lagat.

I agree. Rupp looked like he wasn't feeling good.