Why isn't it getting better? (Read 910 times)

#artbydmcbride

{{Mandy's groin}}

Runners run

satt

I saw a dr and he said groin strain but it wasn't a very thorough examination. but I did tell him I thought it may be a stress fracture and he said it wasn't...but I read a dull pain often means a stress fracture and that's what I have in my thigh. so in worried because track starts today. my coach said to see how it feels in warm ups.

Ostrich runner

does dull pain in my thigh mean its getting better or is it indicative of something worse? also, I'm of age lol.

It doesn't sound like there is any reason to think it might be a stress fracture. Tests are pretty simple and femoral stress fractures aren't really easy to get. 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

satt

It doesn't sound like there is any reason to think it might be a stress fracture. Tests are pretty simple and femoral stress fractures aren't really easy to get. 

well I have had amenorrhea for almost a year now so that's why I'm so worried.
          MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

{{Mandy's groin}}

Thank you!

So you said that your groin feels better, but is still sore.  Doesn't sound like a stress fracture to me.  Seriously, take another few weeks off.  I've been dealing with groin pain for 6 months now because I was stupid.  Don't be like me. 

Running is dumb.

satt

Thank you!

So you said that your groin feels better, but is still sore.  Doesn't sound like a stress fracture to me.  Seriously, take another few weeks off.  I've been dealing with groin pain for 6 months now because I was stupid.  Don't be like me. 

I might prefer to run with pain than to miss my only year of high school track. Sad

#artbydmcbride

Damn!  I knew you were underage!

<takes groin hug back>  

Runners run

satt

Damn!  I knew you were underage!

<takes groin hug back>  

I swear I'm 18!

#artbydmcbride

too late!

Runners run

Ostrich runner

well I have had amenorrhea for almost a year now so that's why I'm so worried.

Take a fuckton of vit D and eat more. 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

satt

okay so I ran today and managed fine. it hurt but it was manageable. it feels a little tight right now but I think I'll be alright. running on it didn't really make it any worse. hopefully it'll just heal without me having to take any more time off. now I noticing it hurts a little when I cough too but..aren't the ab muscles connected to the adductor?

UPDATE: It's now about 4 hours after practice, and I can feel an area that's pretty tender. It hurts right now to run. I'm hoping the pain will have settled down by tomorrow. I really don't want to have to take time off, but maybe I should talk to my coach..I feel it mostly at the crease of my butt, near the groin, like if I press into the muscle there it's tender. It also hurts the most when I bend over. I can't move my leg without pain if I bend over. Also, I get an on and off throbbing pain in the middle of my pubic area.

notimeforthat

did you say you were going to see a doctor soon? Might not be a bad idea bc i don't think anyone here is qualified to diagnose you over the internet.

This and FYI torn labrums can present this way as well.

See someone who can actually evaluate it.