Holiday Running Streak (Read 2691 times)

doctorjen

After slogging through my run yesterday with a bad sore throat, I woke up today with no sore throat at all! Cold is still here, but just a little coughing and snuffling, otherwise feel good. Ran a tempo run today, the first official workout of marathon training for the spring. The streak lives on. FlippyNoodle, I think running feeling like a chore and not a joy is a great reason to end a streak! If it's not fun but a job you have to push through, time for a break and to recharge.

A Saucy Wench

cruddy cruddy.  I forgot to run and I ate too much dinner AND I am still sick.  This is gonna suck.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

28 Days and still going.  This rest of this week thru Christmas will be a challenge.  Lots of things going on, so the challenge is getting up in the morning at 4:30am to get on the TM.  Holding out hope to keep it alive.

I think all who had to break the streak should start a new one!  You can do it!

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

So far so good.  Snow's coming, holidays and travel are coming, now it's going to be a challenge.

Slo

So far so good.  Snow's coming, holidays and travel are coming, now it's going to be a challenge.

Yep, Blizzard here tomorrow though it looks like I'll be able to get out in the am. I don't have a treadmill as a back up.

Mmmmm...beer

No more blank days on my daily graph, woohoo!! Smile 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

No more blank days on my daily graph, woohoo!! Smile 

Good work, D! Smile

Intentionally Blank

Leaving the country, so I'll update my log when I get back on the 31st. Got up at 3:30am to get a mile in before leaving for the airport.

So far so good.  Snow's coming, holidays and travel are coming, now it's going to be a challenge real fun.

Fixed that for you.

Love me some snow running.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                    Emil Zatopek

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Fixed that for you.

Love me some snow running.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Welcome.  I'm just a crazy who'd like to try snow shoe running/racing this year.  We need a good storm for me to justify ordering them.  

Either that, or I need to see how much the local ski resort would freak out if I showed up in snow shoes.  (Freak out = try to charge me.)

Shouldn't need a lift pass if the point is to run up, right?

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                        Emil Zatopek

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Welcome.  I'm just a crazy who'd like to try snow shoe running/racing this year.  We need a good storm for me to justify ordering them.  

Either that, or I need to see how much the local ski resort would freak out if I showed up in snow shoes.  (Freak out = try to charge me.)

Shouldn't need a lift pass if the point is to run up, right?

No snowshoes, but I may be leaving barefoot-looking tracks from my Vibrams in 1-2" of snow this evening.  That's fun.

You shouldn't need the services of a ski resort, unless the lodge is what you want after your crazy running.

ckerr1999

Completed 29 days, 100.2 miles tonight. My longest streak ever. Have a bad cough at the moment, so hoping I make it through to the end. Wasn't sure I was going to get my run in tonight. But got 1 mile done. Hope to feel better tomorrow.

Feeling the growl again

I'm at 23 days/305 miles on my streak.  Well short of my PR of 40 days/600+, however.

My goal for December was 400 miles.  I've been running behind, but the 4hr/33mi run today finally got be a few ahead.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

My last gap fell off too finally!  1 month exactly, and 203.3 miles!  Cool