Ice Bath Anyone? (Read 2048 times)

Go Pre!

ICE BATHING 101 You DO NOT have to get it all cold and icy first in order for it to work. Here is my sure fire way to ALMOST enjoy your ice baths. 1. Fill the tub partway with cool water (95% cold / 5% hot) 1.b Dress in thick socks and stuff a towel down your boxers, wrap up those boys! 2. Get in - no troubles, it's not that bad right? right 3. Drain some water out, refill with cold only (it's getting colder but you're also getting used to it) 4. Reach over and grab bag #1 - dump it in...Ahhh, not too bad 5. Repeat with bags number 2 and 3, depending on size. Ahhh, but not as Ahhh as jumping into it cold turkey (pun semi-intended) Just because you have graduated to the level of coldness, doesn't mean it's not doing it's job of inflamation reducing Smile

Ostrich runner

I always used the standup one in the training room...I'm not sure how y'all dip your gear too, we never had to do that.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

My wife also thinks I am a "couple of fries short of a happy meal" so this might be entertaining for her.
        Here in TX, if you're scatterbrained, you are "two tacos short of a combination place". I'll have to try one of these ice baths out for fun. Big grin I'll take it up a notch with heavy water and jello. Cool Last December, I was out hunting and got soaked by rain in temperatures just above freezing with nice little wind gusts. After 4 hours of freezing misery in the morning, I decided to do go out for another 4 hours that afternoon. Confused

Vim

After my first 5k on the 10th, I discovered that the Schlitterbahn is infinitely superior to an ice bath at home. Plus, when you get chilled (in the 95ish degree heat), you can stroll into the pool-sized hot tub, meander up to the bar, and have a beer (or three). I will have to do more research, of course...
            i need to start doing that! 15 min.. night before the race.. right.... Big grin

Anyone have pizza?

Man, I've been away from these boards for too long. Those pictures were a riot! Big grin Marcus, Was that the first and last bath of its kind? Or did you go back for s'mores?

Imminent Catastrophe

Man, you did it the hard way! First the cold water. Get in. Adjust. THEN the ice.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016