Club foot painful running. (Read 41 times)

tienvox

Hello everyone. I've been running for almost 10 years now on and off only short distances. At most 5 miles. And recently I've noticed that my left leg gets stiff around the calf and shin area during the middle of my run. I let it rest, it loosens up and start running again. Then I notice my left leg hits the ground harder and louder than my right. As if I have a club foot. It causes pain in my knees. I've never had this problem before. If i did I was younger and was able to run through the pain. How can I stop this from happening? I am very flat footed as well. Does this have something to do with it? Any suggestions and help would be really appreciated.

mdolley

Funky kicks 2019

I am wondering if you always run facing traffic. If so, maybe the slope of the road is causing an uneven gait.

Have someone measure your leg for length differences. Hardly anyone has the same length legs, but if it's more than .5" you should check into correcting it with lifts or something.

Also the running on a side slope thing. Hey, that's a way to correct a leg length discrepancy; run with your short leg on the high side!

Look at the wear patterns on your shoes.

You can find ways to determine leg length and decipher wear patterns online.

Also, lots of foam rolling after you run to loosen things up and get the juices flowing.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying