The whole Boston jacket thing (Read 1785 times)

Oh, uh, there won't be any money.  But when you die, on your death bed, you will receive total consciousness.

So I got that going for me

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

No Talent Drips

So I got that going for me

which is nice.

Dei Gratia

Imminent Catastrophe

Whenever I see someone wearing the Boston jacket I like to say, "Oh, charity entry, huh?" and watch the reaction. It's always entertaining. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

xor

Whoa.  Um, that previous post should not have occurred.

There is nothing to see here.  Nothing at all. 

an amazing likeness

Leakage is mortifying...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Imminent Catastrophe

Umm,  SRL quoting a  post without a reply? Must have been struck dead mid-post because he NEVER would commit that breach of internet etiquette otherwise. 

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

bhearn

It's Nemo's fault, actually. He posted a link intended to focus on a post, but actually the link was to a reply page.

Imminent Catastrophe

It's Nemo's fault, actually. He posted a link intended to focus on a post, but actually the link was to a reply page.

I need to be more patient.

xor

Yeah, but the thing is, I dunno what I hit that caused it to post.  I accept it was a User Error, but I didn't do the obvious thing that would have caused it to go sploosh.

xor

Umm,  SRL quoting a  post without a reply? Must have been struck dead mid-post because he NEVER would commit that breach of internet etiquette otherwise. 

That's actually part of the weirdness.  It posted a quote from Nemo... but it would not let me add text below the quote.  Not even an "oops I'm sorry".  I could diddle with the text in the quote box, but I couldn't do anything else.

But for the record:

>> I'm totally coming to maine and wearing that fucker everywhere.

Ok.

Ostrich runner

Is this rule only about Boston jackets, or are other shirts/jackets taboo too? I always followed the concert t-shirt rule - you can't wear the shirt of the band you're listening to.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Imminent Catastrophe

That's actually part of the weirdness.  It posted a quote from Nemo... but it would not let me add text below the quote.  Not even an "oops I'm sorry".  I could diddle with the text in the quote box, but I couldn't do anything else.

But for the record:

>> I'm totally coming to maine and wearing that fucker everywhere.

Ok.

Yeah, I figured. I am relieved that you have not been struck dead by the Internet Gods. BTW I recently saw bhearn wearing a Boston jacket and I absolutely knew it was not a charity entry. 

And by the way, after April 15, 2013, assuming all goes well, I will be wearing that fucker everywhere as well. Hey RWOL refugees, I can write "fucker" and it won't be censored!

xor

Is this rule only about Boston jackets, or are other shirts/jackets taboo too? I always followed the concert t-shirt rule - you can't wear the shirt of the band you're listening to.

You mean besides "don't wear the race shirt in that day's race".  That specific comet has/had a fairly rapid return rate on RWOL.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Whenever I see someone wearing the Boston jacket I like to say, "Oh, charity entry, huh?" and watch the reaction. It's always entertaining. 

Oooh. I learned something useful today.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.