Carbing up and diabetes (Read 1215 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, between those appliance and all my running shoes, I can barely afford to put food in that kitchen. But it is fun cook potatoes and make PB&J there tho. Big grin
    Big grin We have a fairly large fridge for a standard top-mounted freezer style (I think it's like 22-23 cubic ft.)--it desperately needs to be cleaned and there is SO much crap in the back that is probably years old (lots of bottles of condiments and stuff). If I had a fridge like yours there would probably be 5 years worth of stuff in need of trashing. Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

We have had that experience. One of the first things my wife said when we picked out the fridge was, "oh great, more space for things to rot!" However, it is more wide than it is big overall, meaning that there is not a lot of room to rot, but rather room to spread things out so that we can see them. That way they don't get stuck in the back and lost for weeks.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We have had that experience. One of the first things my wife said when we picked out the fridge was, "oh great, more space for things to rot!" However, it is more wide than it is big overall, meaning that there is not a lot of room to rot, but rather room to spread things out so that we can see them. That way they don't get stuck in the back and lost for weeks.
        Oh, see, that would be a much better set-up than ours, I'll bet. I think ours is probably a couple of feet deep, so anything towards the back is GONE for good! Friends of ours call their produce drawer "the rotter." We've experienced that a few times, as well--but usually only when we overbuy. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

My former preemie daughter was born in 1998. I asked my mother if I should post updates of her on the web. My mother said that I did not need to., that nobody would ever read them A week later I went ahead anyway and put up a website detailing our days. We ended up getting readers from all over the world, folks we never knew Introducing the world's first blog, starting 12/1998 - http://people.vanderbilt.edu/~trent.rosenbloom/kids/shaynaprogress3.htm
          Thanks for sharing. You have lovely children!

Roads were made for journeys...

Complex carbs are important to running, and I know runners carb up the night before a race/run for the needed energy, yet as a diabetic I must limit my carbs at each meal. If I were to carb up say on pasta the night before, my BG lever (Blood Glucose) would be waaaaaaaaaaayy over my limits allowed by the ADA and my doctor. And eating that many carbs within 2 hours of the race/run I think would cause other problems I would not want. Any suggestions on how I can handle this?
            WHO FARTLEK"D ?
              There is a brand new forum started today under user groups called "diabetic runners". Perhaps you should join and togaether we may come up with some answers,
              WHO FARTLEK"D ?