Okay, so this scared the life out of me... (Read 1351 times)

Hey, I live in Jersey and (1) It's beautiful and clean and (2) NOTHING like that has ever happened to me while running!
    Yeah, it was def. just a freak thing to happen. People in Jersey are pretty laid back. I don't like what jersey is becoming lately -- so built up and all that, but it's not a place full of crazies or anything..
    "Some people create with words or with music or with a brush and paints. I like to make something beautiful when I run. I like to make people stop and say, 'I've never seen anyone run like that before.' It's more than just a race, it's a style. It's doing something better than anyone else. It's being creative." - prefontaine
      WEEEIIRRRD! The worst I've copme across is the old three teens in a car screamming "RUN FOREST RUN" out the window while we were about 1/2 through my first 10 miler. My response would have been "I'm busy but Bert here (running alone) says that it'll be alright as long as you can spell soliliquy. Right Bert? He's the one in the green."

My sport's your sport's punishment

2012 goals

100 Km month         150 K month      200K month

5K run    10K run     20K run              30K run

sub 30 min 5K         sub 55min 10K

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

<silly>Oh. Sorry to have scared you. I was just out drumming up some new research subjects. I apologize.</silly>
          haha, yeah I know. I think the scariest part was that the thing was dirty as hell. Dead
          "Some people create with words or with music or with a brush and paints. I like to make something beautiful when I run. I like to make people stop and say, 'I've never seen anyone run like that before.' It's more than just a race, it's a style. It's doing something better than anyone else. It's being creative." - prefontaine
            On your experience: Dude, you're living in Jersey: America's Armpit. About par for the course, I'd say.
            Have you traveled in NJ? It's a great state. It's just too bad that most people traveling through the state only see it from the Turnpike (I would agree with the armpit comment there). However, most of the state is beautiful. MTA: And the armpit comment comming from the guy who lives in Pittsburgh. Tongue Big grin
            "If I control myself, I control my destiny."
              Have you traveled in NJ? It's a great state. It's just too bad that most people traveling through the state only see it from the Turnpike (I would agree with the armpit comment there). However, most of the state is beautiful. MTA: And the armpit comment comming from the guy who lives in Pittsburgh. Tongue Big grin
              Where in NJ do you live?
                MTA: And the armpit comment comming from the guy who lives in Pittsburgh. Tongue Big grin
                Do NOT knock the home of the Steelers...the greatest/classiest franchise in all of sports (yes I've heard of the Yankees and THEY SUCK!)
                  Do NOT knock the home of the Steelers...the greatest/classiest franchise in all of sports (yes I've heard of the Yankees and THEY SUCK!)
                  Thanks for coming to my defense, PacerChris. My dad lived in Jersey for 8 years, so it's not an opinion formed of ignorance. I also lived just across the Delaware in Philly for 14 years. But agreed: there are nice parts of Jersey.

skinnycaponesugar

"<silly>Oh. Sorry to have scared you. I was just out drumming up some new research subjects. I apologize.</silly>" Big grin Gotta get them research subjects somehow!! LOL! The other day a guy was shouting something at me as he barreled back into his driveway, to let me pass . I couldn't make up the words because I had my ipod on...that night I had a dream where I heard him call me fat! Angry that mongrel!! Shy I even said "thank you" as I went by.... Clowning around

Love, Run, Sleep

On your experience: Dude, you're living in Jersey: America's Armpit. About par for the course, I'd say.
                      Gotta love the generalizations. I live just outside of Detroit and in 12 years of running on the streets I've never had any problems. I haven't even been shot at. Wink Tom
                        Gotta love the generalizations. I live just outside of Detroit and in 12 years of running on the streets I've never had any problems. I haven't even been shot at. Wink Tom
                        ... nor been asked for your participation in getting your heart rate checked in a car mid run.
                          There are some idiots in this one house you yell stuff at us and even threw a rock at us one time. Our coach told us to ignore them, but I think I'm going to go over and wail on them next time...
                          PRs: 1000: 3:01 1 Mile: 4:55 2 Mile: 10:55 2009 Goals: Sub 4:50 mile, 2:50 1000 meter, Good first real XC season
                            I am surprised no one said this before but did you report this to the police.
                              I am surprised no one said this before but did you report this to the police.
                              No, I did not. I know I should have, but i didn't get his car model, make, nor his license. I probably should though.
                                Wow that's freaky!!! Shocked
                                ---- Cynthia