Do you want Garmin Connect API integration for RunningAhead? (Read 1006 times)

runjoelrun

Hi Joel,

I have no ego.  My goal is to support Garmin devices.  If it requires groveling to achieve my objective, then that's what I'll do, if she can get over her indignation to read my emails.

Thank you for you donation.  I'm not sure how the money should be handled if it doesn't go to Garmin.

eric Smile

Sorry Eric, I didn't mean to imply anything about ego, but more about right and wrong, principle and risk. I think you're right and Garmin is wrong and in principle we should not work on these terms, but felt we had to ignore that to get things done and take the risk... which you clearly did and I'm thankful for.

To reiterate my stance, I'm RA 4Life. And I'm happy to contribute $$ over your very generous $10/year price point. I feel the service I get and the work you do clearly justifies it.

Thanks once again!

eric :)

Hi all,

Hopefully this will be the last update.  I've submitted my payment to Garmin.  As soon as I receive the API keys, I'll will deploy this feature, along with other updates that I've made since then.

eric Smile

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

Very nice!  I look forward to seeing how this works.

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass

mikeymike

Sweet! And look at that ... I have another marathon coming up (I'll never learn) therefore, another $26.20 to RA.

Runners run

old Paratrooper

awesome!

Joann Y

Sounds great Eric, thank you!

runnershawn

Sweet! And look at that ... I have another marathon coming up (I'll never learn) therefore, another $26.20 to RA.

Since no marathon for me.  Did 10 for Newburyport 10 miler

ERG

Hi all,

Hopefully this will be the last update.  I've submitted my payment to Garmin.  As soon as I receive the API keys, I'll will deploy this feature, along with other updates that I've made since then.

eric Smile

Hooray!! I can't wait to put it to use!

aolesins

Hi Eric, when do You plan to deploy the feature?Smile Can't waitSmile

Regards!

Great news, Eric! Thanks for everything.

Hi all,

eric Smile

eric :)

So much for smooth sailing.  I configured the keys on the test site to verify that everything works but it doesn't.  I contacted Garmin support almost a week ago but they never responded.  I will have to ping them again.  I'm pretty sure the problem isn't on RA's side because Garmin never connected to RA.

eric Smile

iamc0b

EDIT: ignore me, just read a news update saying this is available ;]

Thanks Eric!  Loving the fact that my runs are automatically imported into RA!

Done!  Over the years, I've spent x1,000 on running garb or a bad/good night of drinking.

Thanks Eric for all that you do!!

bas.

Glad this was bumped.  I've been away from RA, just running & not logging much in past year.  Using a timex instead of a garmin for much of that time, so I hadn't noticed this was going on.  I recently got a new garmin, and because of Eric's hard work, my new one automagically uploads the workouts!

I'm selling my old garmin on ebay & I'll donate the $ from sale to RA.  I found RA a long time ago when I got my first garmin.  I quickly realized their site sucked, and was hoping to find a site that could turn it's data into something useable.  RA utterly exceeds that hope.

In addition to the great, customizable, searchable log... you get all this great stuff from forums.  I'm always amazed, and frequently inspired, by the information you can find on here through searches.  It's helped my running & resurrected it many times over.  I appreciate the site and all who contribute to it.

Thanks, Eric!