Recovery time from half marathon (Read 3619 times)

Any recommendations for how long of a layoff after running a half marathon hard to reduce injury. I had a trainer once suggest a week, but that seems like a long time. My next half marathon is 6 and half weeks away.
    Sounds like you are running the canyonlands half. I am a S.L.C. guy myself and will be down at the Canyonlands half in march. Last year my recovery consisted of hiking through arches National Park, and a week of easy running. Good Luck Kenny
      Kenny, I just saw your post. Yes, i am running Canyonlands. I am not sure what to expect, but it looks like a terrific race. My biggest problem will be keeping up milage the next 10 days. I leave for some business in the Philippines on Friday and will have no time to run except late nights on the treadmill. I am also running the National Half Marathon in Washington DC at the end of the month with by brother and our two sons (who live there). The two races are a little closer together that I would have preferred. Good luck at Canyonlands. Lloyd