RA Shirts, redux (Read 996 times)

Scout7

Eric, I was perusing the web, and I came across this: http://www.wearyournumber.com/ I saw the link on another site that was talking about using this company to put names and nicknames on shirts for people. I skimmed the site, so I don't have all the details, but I figured I'd at least share and see if there's interest.
    eric :)

Scout, I am nearing the ordering of shirts from a vendor. I hit a snag with the vendor asked for a resale certificate. Huh??? For all you law junkies out there, the resale certificate relieves the supplier the burden of proof that the shirts are for resale, and that they don't have to charge me a sales tax. I, on the other hand, will need to collect sales tax for my state. Grr!!! This is definitely another interesting learning experience. So, are there any lawyers out there that can provide me with legal advise?

You'll ruin your knees!

If you go ahead and pay the sales tax, I believe that releives you from the burden of collecting sales tax, reporting it and remitting to the state. Not a lawyer, but that's how I would do it... Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

I haven't been following the progress of the shirt theory, but I wanted to throw out there this idea. A friend of mine is just starting his own print shop (shirt etc.). If you're interested I could give you his information. Just a passing thought (a request of my friend actually). He'll be doing my soccer team's next jersey.

Michelle

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Eric, is this still an issue? I may be able to help. Fire me an email if so.
            eric :)

Eric, is this still an issue? I may be able to help. Fire me an email if so.
              Trent, which issue is this? In regards to Lynn's comment, I don't think it works that way. Distributors do not charge sale taxes to resalers (me). It is my job to collect taxes for the state. Since I'm in Massachusetts, I need to charge sales tax to all Mass residents, while tax free for out of staters. I'm using Francis Communcations to produce the shirts. I'm sure you (Trent) know them well. The prices are within my price range and all the folks I showed the sample shirt to love it. I just sent in the graphics for the layout. Hopefully we'll have something produced soon. Mississippi: does your friend provide the shirts or does he just do printing? For me, it's obtaining quality shirts at a reasonable price that's the biggest issue.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just sent in the graphics for the layout. Hopefully we'll have something produced soon.
                Like shirt in my hands (or on my back, heh) by the 4th Sat. in Sept...? I gots me a race that I need to advertise at! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The issue of the resale certificate. Eric, I can swing by and look at a proof. Let me know if you'd like me to do that as well. And FrancisCo has always serve me really well.