Why did I stop getting better? (Read 463 times)

Ostrich runner

No you're not getting this. Show me the science.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

bhearn

Just a reminder. This is still here. I guess I'm going to have to make an update one of these days, with new material.

http://www.hearn.to/jester-o-matic.html

sport jester

Biomimeticist

This does not remove the burden of proof of demonstrating that walking efficiency is correlated with running speed.  Provide it.

The more efficient walker is the more efficient runner? Tell my why that statement has no logic behind it?

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

Ostrich runner

The more efficient walker is the more efficient runner? Tell my why that statement has no logic behind it?

There is some...in a sense. It's an inference. That's it. Logic, like science, is a word that actually has a meaning.

bhearn

I can squat -- I really have no idea, never tried, let's pick a number out of the air and say 200 -- and run about 3:00 for the marathon. So someone who has much stronger leg muscles and can squat 400 should be able to run, oh, 2:40?

Yeah. OK, I'll buy that kind of  "logic".

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Science doesn't go around disproving random ideas. I mean, maybe with a billion monkeys sitting at a billion typewriters...

Except for one minor detail: those monkeys will never teach you how to carry 20% of your bodyweight with no increase in energy expenditure to do so...

If you can't tell me how they do it, then you obviously lack any legitimate claim to comprehending running mechanics.

If my explanation is wrong, then prove it.

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

We would all like your writing better if you actually conveyed something meaningful.

You say you're here to teach.  To teach is to impart knowledge or skill.  Outside of the masking tape exercise, you have made no effort to actually teach us something meaningful.

You say we can't explain Kenyan women. To me, you can't do that either.  If you're asking others to do it, you be be ready and be able to do it in return when asked. Citing an article does not mean you can explain it.  Explaining it in your own words in an educational manner and tying your point to why it's helpful to walking or running more efficiently is how you can teach us.

I don't know what you're looking for in these forums but it seems to me you're getting much of the same response as you did in the eliteFTS site (or whatever it was). If you have such a great concept to share, why are you being such a moron about how you communicate it. People here have asked legitamite questions and all you have tried doing is stroking your ego in that you know all and we know nothing.

If you don't like my writing, the cite the science that says I'm wrong.

Feeling the growl again

Science is not about logic -- what sounds reasonable.  That is the foundation of only a hypothesis.  It is about data -- what has been proven to be true, and can be independently replicated.  So show the data.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm not trying to get faster at walking, I like walking slowly. I'm trying to get faster at running.

Then you're not serious, and should go back to your barstool.

If you were serious, you'd take the jar and the masking tape, and get to training!

(See, I've been studying.)

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

People are lazy. sj is putting out all this useful stuff, and what are you lazy people doing?

Are you using the masking tape? Are you carrying the jars?

No. You're at your barstools.

Lazy.

More importantly, is bhearn gleaning all this glorious new material????

Feeling the growl again

Then you're not serious, and should go back to your barstool.

If you were serious, you'd take the jar and the masking tape, and get to training!

(See, I've been studying.)

I am typically at my barstool this time of night.  Yet I am also serious, but usually carry a bottle rather than a jar.  Figure that one out.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Figure that one out.

You sold out to the fitness industrial complex!

Ostrich runner

Spaniel might take a bottle most of the time, but I do know he's no stranger to jars either.

Ostrich runner

double post

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

double post

It's okay to hold one bottle in each hand and drink alternately.