Slight Pain in knees (Read 490 times)

I started running about a month ago for basically the first time in my life. I am a 43 year old male and have about 20 extra pounds. I have always had knees that were a little tender after physical activity. To my surprise, I had little knee pain for the first three weeks of running. I started out running on a training plan that was a 1.5 mile run three times a week, with run/walk or rest days in between. I have been at least walking around 2 miles on the in between days and only resting 1 or 2 days per week. I am now on week 4 and the distance is 2.25mi for my runs and next week begins 2.5mi. Since I started running the 2.25mi week I have experienced a slight pain in my left knee. It is a slight pain just below the knee cap and feels like my knee is loose in that area, if that makes any sense. My wife told me to get a knee strap. The kind that goes just below the knee cap. I haven't tried it yet and was wonder what advice I could get from all of you! I already have good running shoes so that is not an issue. Confused
    James

My Hero

This may help: http://www.drpribut.com/sports/spknees.html Hang in there!