Wish me luck! (Read 654 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Tomorrow AM's my first race (5k). My goal...to not be the last person in my age group. Wink I'm hoping to run about 10-10.5 minute pace, so I'd like to finish in under 32 minutes. I'm pretty well-rested for the last couple of nights, so I think I will do OK. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Good luck Kirsten! May the winds be at your back, and your feet swift, and go kick some asses!
      Wingz

Professional Noob

You go, girl! By the way, no matter how it turns out officially, you're not the last in age group - that's my job! LOL! Have a great time! Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Good luck Kirsten! May the winds be at your back, and your feet swift, and go kick some asses!
          Heh, now I'll be thinking of that scene in "Liar Liar" when Jim Carrey is in the courthouse bathroom and says "I'm kicking my own ass!" Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You go, girl! By the way, no matter how it turns out officially, you're not the last in age group - that's my job! LOL! Have a great time! Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
            Girl, you crack me up! I will pretend you are behind me egging me on the entire way! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Kirsten, if I can keep up with you to egg you on then you're going too slow! My 5K PR is 39:10... Don't you dare let me catch you!!!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm just glad to know there is at least one person on the planet slower than I am! I'm not looking forward to running that 25k with Eryn next Spring--she's gonna hurt me! Sad k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

she's gonna hurt me! Sad
                  Now that's a true friend... Wink

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Big grin Ack, did not sleep for shit. Lots of REALLY weird dreams, too hot, too cold, too damned many cats wanting to use me as a mattress, DH wanting to be snuggly... So I got out of bed a bit early and showered; I feel pretty good, considering. And some of my best runs have been after a night of fitful sleep. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

I'm just glad to know there is at least one person on the planet slower than I am! I'm not looking forward to running that 25k with Eryn next Spring--she's gonna hurt me! Sad
                      I wouldn't dream of hurting you!! Well, not too bad anyways. Tongue
                      So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3