Multiple equipment per workout (Read 784 times)

Francois Nel

(I'm sure I've seen a request like this before, but cannot find it to see what the progress is on it)

Please could you introduce the ability to select multiple equipment per workout. This will allow me to not only list my shoes that I ran in, but also things like a backpack (for added strength training) or a pram (for when I go running with the baby). These extra equipment have an effect on training and I would like to list it per workout (and keep track of the miles on my running shoes).

Francois Nel

I think in the past the answer is the only reason you can pick shoes as equipment is because it makes it easier to keep track of the miles on them.  Do you really care how many miles you ran with X backpack.  A simple note in the comments "ran with the backpack" should fill your need for you.

xor

Actually, I have a version of the same issue.

Let's say I run 100k and switch shoes in the middle because I destroyed pair one in a mud bog.

Right now, I split this up into two separate runs, one per pair.

eric :)

This will be addressed in the coming months.  I'm in the process of revamping the training log to make it friendlier to use.

Francois Nel

I think in the past the answer is the only reason you can pick shoes as equipment is because it makes it easier to keep track of the miles on them.  Do you really care how many miles you ran with X backpack.  A simple note in the comments "ran with the backpack" should fill your need for you.

The reason for the need to record it this way (as equipment) is to have a tangible value to query, for statistical reasons. 

Purdey

Self anointed title

Let's say I run 100k and switch shoes in the middle because I destroyed pair one in a mud bog.

This is why I'd love this functionality.  Thanks Eric!!

Perky

Perky

My issue as well!  I'm changing shoes twice over a 100 miles and had to break my run up into 3 parts.  It makes it a little hard to track time in aid stations that way. 

I LOVE the aid stations!  Where else will people tell you how wonderful you are and how great you look (and you don't have to be standing on their chests threatening them to get it)?  And...MMMMMMMM!  Pie!  Why would anyone run just a marathon on streets when you can participate in a catered hike (aka trail ultra)?

I'm in the procss of transitioning to minimal shoes and also am running in some Huaraches (from Born to Run fame).   So its not unusual for me to run 2 or 3 miles in one pair of shoes and then stop and change shoes for a mile or so...

I would like to have the ability to log one pair of shoes for X miles and another pair of shoes for X miles in one run......

It not a BIGGY but it would be nice....

Champions are made when no one is watching

Imminent Catastrophe

My issue as well!  I'm changing shoes twice over a 100 miles and had to break my run up into 3 parts.  It makes it a little hard to track time in aid stations that way. 

Another vote for this. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Perky

Perky

Oh!  I can also use this to track multiple aid station goodies! 

PB&J (equipment: AS#1), Brownies (equipment: AS#2), Pumpkin pie (equipment: AS#3), Beer (basic endurance electrolyte replacement).

npaden

I would like this to be able to track the miles run on the treadmill vs. those run outside. Thanks, Nathan

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Feeling the growl again

Another vote for this. 

Perhaps it is already a "done deal", but I want to echo this.  It is not all that unusual to run trainers for warmup/cooldown and flats for the actual workout.  Currently that would require logging as two separate runs if the shoe mileage is deemed important.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Ari D

I agree with the op and xor.

Also, users would benefit from the ability to track the mileage of a pack, and even better, to be able to record it's weight on that run. I know from myself that it can vary from 1-10 pounds, even more with the pack I'd carry on my mountain bike...

And, seconding xor, what if someone uses multiple shoes in a 100 mile race and wants to record it as one entry? Maybe there should be an option to be able to include several pieces of equipment, not just two...

Carson

I see that this post is from a couple years ago, but Eric said he was looking into it.

I'm curious what the status is. The application for me is to track two different shoes in a workout. Right now, I have no idea how many miles I have on my racing flats. I use them to do track workouts, but I do my warm up miles in a more forgiving shoe.

So, is this a feature that we may see sometime in the (near) future?

Thanks,

Carson