Could this mean I need new shoes? (Read 561 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Hey guys. I've got a bit over 300 miles on my New Balance 908s right now and for the last week or so I've got a real soreness right around my left hip and some muscle soreness in the middle of my back. Nothing major, but def new pain that hasn't been there before. I read all the time about soreness in the ankles/legs/hips/back sometimes being an indicator for new shoes and am curious if what I've attempted to describe resonates with any here. TIA!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Menace to Sobriety

Could be. Thats how it starts with me. Just nagging subtle stuff.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

JOHNMAGGIO

The old saying is "6mo or 500miles." But that all depends on your running style, height, weight etc...so 300 could be resonable. Also the 900 trial series is specific for trails. They dont have the same cushion and stability features as some of the road running shoes. The 905 did, but then when they went foward with the shoe they geared it more for trails and off road and it lost some of its "high end road running features" like the TS2 support etc... They did just come out with the 909, and I tried it on the other day and i think they made a significant improvement in cushioning over the 908. I dont have anymore 908, but you may be able to find them on sale as they were just discontinued. Here is a link to the 909 and a pic. http://www.nbannapolis.com/new_balance/mens-br-new-balance-909-br-cushioning-p-374.html?zenid=fc2a74f3614bd309cc9978b661882065
        www.nbannapolis.com
        theyapper

On the road again...

Thanks, John. I've actually pulled the trigger on a pair of Brooks Defyance and they should be here tomorrow. I've tried them on and there was a noticeable difference between the cushioning in them and my trail shoes.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul