Saturday's workout. (Read 616 times)

No reply required here gang, I just feel the need to ramble. I did an 8 miler at a 7:45 pace, which was a bit too fast. I ran the marathon last Saturday and I have a half-marathon on 11/04. I want to take a serious shot at a PR. My current 13.1 PR is 1:35:59, set in April of '97. During my marathon last weekend, I hit the 13.1 mat at 1:38:30. Tomorrow will be an easy run of whatever I feel like then a few more easy runs during the week to taper for the race. If you'd like to post about your weekend, I'd love to hear about it.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ugh...too much eating, not enough running and I feel like a bloated pig. Damned taper.... Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Damned taper.... Wink k
        Damned taper? Taper is my favorite word. Well favorite FIVE letter word anyway. Just slugging around today, then I have to decide on tomorrow's ten miler. My normal base course is seven miles, and has some pretty good hill work. The Manchester Marathon course has LOTS of hill work, so I'm not sure whether I should do the hills tomorrow or head to a track and be kinder and gentler to my legs. Leaning toward an easy ten at the moment, but not sure.

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I run for Fried Chicken!

I'm reading the RA forums right now to motivate myself to go for a run.
            7 miles in the rain. I came home to a towel waiting for me at the front door Smile
            2009: BQ?
              7 miles in the rain. I came home to a towel waiting for me at the front door Smile
              Ya gotta love the guy!! Kirsten, tapering can be the pits. It's boring, you feel like you're losing all you worked for, and you eat too much. Be strong. Wink

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Kirsten, tapering can be the pits. It's boring, you feel like you're losing all you worked for, and you eat too much. Be strong. Wink
                Heh, and don't forget the feeling like your body is falling apart and that you are coming down with the bubonic plague or SARS or something. Doesn't help that I am fighting allergies, so I don't know if I really am getting sick or if it is just run-of-the-mill sinus problems. k

~ Sarah Kay

zoomy I'm totally sympathizing about your taper. I took this week off to rest knees and hamstrings and nearly lost my mind - lots of total brain freeze - I didn't realize everything was so connected. Finally ran today 5.4 miles. Anyway, all of the training and resting will definitely pay off! A (only 9 months away from my first HM)

Recalculating...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

zoomy I'm totally sympathizing about your taper. I took this week off to rest knees and hamstrings and nearly lost my mind - lots of total brain freeze - I didn't realize everything was so connected. Finally ran today 5.4 miles. Anyway, all of the training and resting will definitely pay off! A (only 9 months away from my first HM)
                    Oh, yeah...brain freeze is a good description. I just feel off-kilter. I had planned to do an easy 2.5-3 today, but ran out of time and the weather was awful...cold, rainy, windy. So I haven't run in 2 days. I hope all my pent-up anxiety and energy does me well tomorrow. At the very least I will have to run fast to stay warm. Wink 9 months until your race...that's a lot of time to get really ready for it. You're gonna love it! k

~ Sarah Kay