Endoscopies. (Read 797 times)

Double IPA Please!

Have you had one? What should I expect afterwards? I'm told really nothing except for maybe a mild sore throat. I'm kind of nervous, but I'm thinking it will be okay. Don't know how I feel about someone sticking something down my throat, let alone while I'm sleeping. Surprised

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)

I have and it was a breeze. Better down the throat then nose or down underConfused

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Double IPA Please!

Okay. Good. I'm just worried. Its in the afternoon, so I will run prior. Yea- I'm thinking I don't want to endure up the nose or up the back end. Ick. They did threaten that might happen, but, I've got my fingers crossed.

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Colonoscopies aren't so bad - I've had three so I think I have enough experience to make a judgement. If they have to go that route (did I really write that) don't worry. The worst part is the "cleaning out" the day before. Some people actually go to spas and pay for that - Princess Diana did for one. Can't remember the name - colonic irrigation maybe?

jules2

Have you had one? What should I expect afterwards? I'm told really nothing except for maybe a mild sore throat. I'm kind of nervous, but I'm thinking it will be okay. Don't know how I feel about someone sticking something down my throat, let alone while I'm sleeping. Surprised
            I just went straight for it with no drugs and it was a laugh as they turned the screen round so I could my insides, all you have to do is relax.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Double IPA Please!

Oh boy- no drugs? They sedate in our center. Which I'd rather be. Big grin

Menace to Sobriety

Colonoscopies aren't so bad - I've had three so I think I have enough experience to make a judgement. If they have to go that route (did I really write that) don't worry. The worst part is the "cleaning out" the day before.
                Amen to that, sister......the actual procedure was a walk in the park compared to the day before.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Double IPA Please!

what does the cleaning out part involve?

xor

what does the cleaning out part involve?
                    Drinking a whole mess o' this really nasty drink that causes your insides to get stuff on down the line. And out the endo. And by "a whole mess", in my case it was a gallon of something with the rather unfortunate and I'm sure completely intended name of GOLIGHTLY (Ok, 'golytely'). You keep on drinking it until... wait for it... you are pooping clear stuff. You may not want to know what happens if you get to the end of the gallon and your poop ain't clear yet. I like your new name.

Half Fanatic #846

Not to worry at all - I've had maybe five endoscopies, and a couple of them gave me a slightly sore throat for a day or two. It's a good excuse to take a day off from work, and you can take a nap during the procedure if you want. BTW, my doctor suggested on my last visit that since I'm due for an endoscopy AND a colonoscopy pretty soon, I could have them done in the same visit (seriously) - WTH, just roll me over?? Surprised Embarrassed

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Another Passion

BTW, my doctor suggested on my last visit that since I'm due for an endoscopy AND a colonoscopy pretty soon, I could have them done in the same visit (seriously) - WTH, just roll me over?? Surprised Embarrassed
                        I actually had both done in the same visit. I hoped they did the endoscopy first. Roll eyes Gee, the clean out stuff that I had to drink was only 3 ounces of liquid that the nurse said to make sure I mixed with something and, at that, just sip it or it would come right back up. Me being the manly man with an iron stomach that I am thought, "yea, right". I mixed an ounce of the stuff with some Squirt soda, tried to actually take a drink of the stuff and... just about gacked it back up. Ok, so the nurse was right. Sips from there on out and... about 20 minutes later... then regular intervals about 5 minutes apart for the rest of the evening. Who knew we had that much fluid in us?!? Confused Well, besides Trent, that is. Big grin

Rick
                        "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                        "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                        runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Double IPA Please!

okay. I'm feeling comfortable about it now. No worries. It's not until next week on Thursday so I have a little while yet. Thanks.

jules2

Don't worry you'll be fine, let us know how you get on. I honestly took nothing and walked straight out afterwards it does feel odd when they pump air in to expand you stomach lining though. I hate injections and drugs ( apart from alcohol ) and my dentist rarely gives me an injection as he knows me by now.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

And by "a whole mess", in my case it was a gallon of something with the rather unfortunate and I'm sure completely intended name of GOLIGHTLY (Ok, 'golytely'). You keep on drinking it until... wait for it... you are pooping clear stuff.
                              Ah yes - "GOLIGHTLY" - a misnomer if ever there was one.