Hi Everyone (Read 929 times)

I have been lurking here for a while and figured that is rude so I should introduce myself. My name is Tony. I live in San Diego and am a45yr male. I started on 11/20/05 at 300 lbs and now I am 174lbs. I have been steadily losing fat the whole while with a combination of diet and weightlifting and running. My first love is weight lifting but recently the running has been pulling me in. I alternate days, one day weight, the next running. I have never been an athlete or anything but I am now enjoying the physical lifestlye and looking to take it to a higher level. Up until a month or so ago I would run 3 times a week for 3.5 miles each time, just nice and slow. Then I started reading about the 10K and Half Marathon and Marathon and got to thinking, hey, I can do these. I knocked out the 10K no problem and decided to really concentrate on ther Half, then continue on to the Marathon. I am follow Hal Higdons novice half program and cruising right along. I just comleted week 8 of 12 last week which is an 8 mile run. I felt great and it really gave me confidence to press for more mileage. On the way home from the run I was bringing the big rolling trash can in and ran over my little toe and think I broke it becasue now it hurts like crazy. Of all things. So this took me out of the training cycle a bit so I can let it heal. So thats where I am at right now. I should be back out there in a couple of weeks. I look forward to joining the fun here. You all seem motivated, fun, and very informed.
    va

I have been lurking here for a while and figured that is rude so I should introduce myself. My name is Tony. I live in San Diego and am a45yr male. I started on 11/20/05 at 300 lbs and now I am 174lbs. I have been steadily losing fat the whole while with a combination of diet and weightlifting and running. My first love is weight lifting but recently the running has been pulling me in.
      Hi Tony, Welcome! I am glad you decided to join us. 126 lbs lost! Shocked That is great. You must feel like a new man. Good luck with your HM training (I hope your toe heals quickly).
        HI Tony. You lost entire person! You lost about what I want to weigh when I reach my goal weight. This is very, very impressive. Now be careful with the trash cans next time Smile and heal quickly so you can resume your training. Ewa
        I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

HI Tony. You lost entire person! You lost about what I want to weigh when I reach my goal weight. This is very, very impressive. Now be careful with the trash cans next time Smile and heal quickly so you can resume your training.
          Ditto! Hope your toe is better quickly. Toes heal pretty fast, I think. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Dog-Love

Good luck with the training. Sounds like its going well and I too hope start training in a month or so. Great work on the fat-off loading. I could use to lose as well.
            Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Now that was a bath...

Welcome to the board. I have been unable to run for a couple of months due to injury but I also hope to be back out there really soon! A big WOW on the weight loss. That is truly incredible. Look forward to following your future progress. Claire xxx
            • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
            • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                Way to go on your weight loss, Tony, and welcome to RA! Cool
                ---- Cynthia

You'll ruin your knees!

Nice front squat! Welcome and it's really exciting to read about your improvements! Keep posting here! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Heal well!! lisak
                    Cincinnati Flying Pig May 4
                      Surprised Shocked Tongue Big grin Tight lipped Smile