C25k for kids (Read 802 times)

I think that as long as you don't have to force him to do it that he'll be fine. You have to let him lead, with your guidance of course. Right now 3 out of 4 of my children are running in one way or another, and have logs here in RA. My oldest (16 y/o) and I are victims of a bet from my step-dad to see who will beat the other in an upcoming 5k race. We run about the same time so this ought to be interesting. My 13 y/o and 12 y/o are running that same race and I have a feeling they'll be going up against each other. My 6 y/o thinks we're all crazy with this running stuff. He tried soccer and he liked it and was good at it but doesn't want to do it again. I figure when he's ready he'll let me know and we'll sign him up for another sport to try. I found myself getting too pushy with my daughter's running (the 12 y/o). I see a lot of potential in her and I don't want her to hold back, but, I also don't want to burn her out, so right now I'm there when she asks me to help but other wise I try to keep quiet (which is a battle!). Soccer is her true love right now anyhow.

Michelle

Go Pre!

I love it...but why a sign when he could just yell HTFU (in full words) out loud? Surprised