2-in-1 Shorts (Read 3072 times)

Best Present Ever

I have had FAR better luck with the Two Toms SportShield roll-on.  It's silicone-based, so it doesn't sweat off...it doesn't even wash-off easily.  It's about the same price as Body Glide, but lasts a LOT longer.  Their sock powder is also great stuff.  I believe both products were recommended to me by one of the ultra runners around here.

I too love sports shield.  it is hard to get off though and makes me a bit worried for the fishies and whatnot downstream.  Could it be good for them?  however, the blistershield powder has caused me to get blisters.  I used it (and gave some to a friend to use) for a marathon last fall -- both of us ended up with our feet ON FIRE.  I'm pretty sure it was the product that was the cause. It had happened to me on training runs too and I hadn't connected it to the powder until both my friend and I had this weird thing happen together. 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

however, the blistershield powder has caused me to get blisters.  I used it (and gave some to a friend to use) for a marathon last fall -- both of us ended up with our feet ON FIRE.  I'm pretty sure it was the product that was the cause. It had happened to me on training runs too and I hadn't connected it to the powder until both my friend and I had this weird thing happen together. 

Interesting.  I have had very minor blisters while using it...but am pretty certain that I would have major ones without.  Some distances that gave me blisters in the past no longer do.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Turbolegs

Interesting.  I have had very minor blisters while using it...but am pretty certain that I would have major ones without.  Some distances that gave me blisters in the past no longer do.

Have you tried running in toe-socks? The Injinji variety that is .. they seem to do wonders in preventing blisters on my feet , especially between the toes.

I do have another problem though: I run in a very humid place so sweating buckets is par for the course. In addition, in races exceeding 10kms, i find topping a glass of cold water on my head and back helps keep the momentum going. All this gets my socks wet a bit and then that causes its own form of blisters. Havent still managed to find an alternative for this.

I dont sweat. I ooze liquid awesome.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Have you tried running in toe-socks? The Injinji variety that is .. they seem to do wonders in preventing blisters on my feet , especially between the toes.

I do have another problem though: I run in a very humid place so sweating buckets is par for the course. In addition, in races exceeding 10kms, i find topping a glass of cold water on my head and back helps keep the momentum going. All this gets my socks wet a bit and then that causes its own form of blisters. Havent still managed to find an alternative for this.

Try the sock powder...they keep my feet relatively dry even if I am running in rain or slush.

As for toe socks...i've actually never had blisters between toes.  On the occasions when I've had them they tend to be either the tips of my baby toe (from shoes that are too narrow/pointy and cut across my baby toe...story of my life) or sort of under my big toe joint.  I should try the new Smartwool toe socks, just for shits-n-giggles...

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I look my best blurry!

2 in 1 shorts skeeve me out a little. If I want to run in a swim suit, I'll get a speedo.

I prefer to run in Nike or UA compressions shorts under a pair of running shorts.

Unfortunately, it is getting harder to find decent running shorts without liners.

I may be forced to buy shorts with liners, then cut 'em out.

Been there done that, at Nobby's suggestion, with singlets with built in bras. One of his best tips. It's the best way to go for optimum bounce/rub reduction and style! Sorry if girls are taking over. I got sucked in to this thread because a few of your posts were so damn funny!

2 in 1 shorts skeeve me out a little. If I want to run in a swim suit, I'll get a speedo.

I prefer to run in Nike or UA compressions shorts under a pair of running shorts.

Unfortunately, it is getting harder to find decent running shorts without liners.

Buy soccer shorts istead of running shorts.  No liners, much cheaper, same material.

Chris

keeponrunning

Buy soccer shorts istead of running shorts.  No liners, much cheaper, same material.

+1.  I'm not a guy, but I have worn my soccer shorts while running and was really comfortable.  

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

ilp

I think you might be confused. 2-in-1 shorts are exactly like having compression sports underneath running shorts. Why are you bringing up speedos or swimsuits? Anyway, for me bodyglide wears off within 30 minutes. I can't rely on Bodyglide for preventing nipple chafe in loose shirts over 1hr+ runs. Same with thighs and the short fabric rubbing between my legs. Which is my I wear tight or compression shirts for 1hr+ runs now and have had to buy longish/compression underwear to be able to run with my existing shorts. I find that 2-in-1 shorts tend to be slightly lighter weight and slightly more comfortable than the underwear and shorts combo.

Body Glide is awesome.  Never had an issue with it.  What an interesting world we live in.

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
                    • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
                    • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon

I'm not a fan of Body Glide, either...I had about 3 sticks in a row that crumbled about halfway through...then they became a mess to use and dumped in the trash with several dollars of product left (I never found it to work for more than maybe an hour, either).  I sent a note off to the company about the issue and their reply was that sometimes if the sticks sit in a store for too long that they degrade...but they never offered to send me a free stick or coupon or anything.  I have had FAR better luck with the Two Toms SportShield roll-on.  It's silicone-based, so it doesn't sweat off...it doesn't even wash-off easily.  It's about the same price as Body Glide, but lasts a LOT longer.  Their sock powder is also great stuff.  I believe both products were recommended to me by one of the ultra runners around here.

Thanks for this tip. The body glide crumble is so annoying.  

#artbydmcbride

Most basketball shorts hit just above the knee unless we're talking the early 80's old school style.

If a pair of shorts comes down to mid thigh or longer, how do you still get chub rub--with or without compression shorts underneath?   Actually..you know what...don't answer that.  I've spent enough time thinking about mens' thighs rubbing together for one day.

On the other hand ...I could listen to talk about the abrasive qualities of various men's thighs for hours.   Cool    Blush

Runners run

drrbradford

I have a suggestion. Don't worry about the additional layer. Buy a stick of Body Glide. I have had the same problem and started using it in my first marathon training. I love it, plus I can still wear comfortable split seam shorts.

+1

Cool as a Cucumber

Vaseline, baby, vaseline. I swear it's just magic. I lather my thighs up with that stuff and run my heart out. The spot that needs lube is easy to find because it has no hair on it and there's some scarring from my running days before vaseline.

MTA: Vaseline is dirt cheap; Body Glide is definitely not. Although Body Glide does have a stick and keeps your hands clean, which would be nice to have.

The pavement fears me.

Just getting back into running again, but I found A+D ointment to work well for avoiding chafing back when I was running distances that caused me chafing.

Purdey

Self anointed title

chafing (note, one "f").

Thanks.