Gonna be glued to the TV tonite! (Read 837 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

My brother called me a couple of hours ago with the bad news. FOX sucks. They pulled this crap with Firefly, too... What really stinks is that fans of Drive are now fully enthralled by the storylines--storylines that will never come to any sort of fruition unless a bigscreen version of some sort is made. Meh. And there goes my Nathan Fillion fix...wahhhhh! Sad k
    Fox did that same thing with a series called "Vanished" last year, about a senator's wife who was kidnapped. They just did a quickie ending in the middle of the season that didn't resolve any of the plot lines. The wife just suddenly got freed and that was it.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, I am done with FOX. I will never again watch another FOX show. They have now pulled this crap with 2 great shows that I love (both Tim Minear shows--I'll bet he's done with FOX now, too). There are a lot of Drive fans who are boycotting FOX and their advertisers. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

shyrunner07

don't forget Arrested Development too... Cry just a few years ago, FOX was actually my favorite channel to watch, with so many different shows that i would tune into regularly. I swear, if they pull House....i'm gonna jihad on their headquarters!
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thank god the X-Files started years ago. I'll bet they would have yanked that after less than a season given their recent actions. k

~ Sarah Kay

I swear, if they pull House....i'm gonna jihad on their headquarters!
            I'll drive!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

shyrunner07

And there goes my Nathan Fillion fix...wahhhhh! Sad k
              i forgot to mention earlier....keep your eye out for the upcoming flick Waitress (although, it looks to be too indie for west michigan...but maybe the theatres in GR will run it)...He's in that along with Keri Russell, Cheryl hines, and even andy griffith. it was written/directed(?) by adrienne shelly- she was murdered in her NYC home last fall (i think maybe she was hung from her shower rod?).... any hoo, he's in it and plays keri russell's dr/love interest....Not quite drive, but you get him on the big screen for over an hour! Smile
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

i forgot to mention earlier....keep your eye out for the upcoming flick Waitress
                I've been watching the trailer on Quicktime repeatedly ever since I first heard about it...I think it might already be out in some theaters. If it doesn't come here we will definitely be renting/buying the DVD. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

Remember that thread where I explained ad nauseum my theory that me liking a show will inevitably kill said show? Well ... we sort of liked "Drive." Liked it too much I guess. Sorry. I'll try not to let it happen again. Good news, though. "The Bachelor" will never go off the air. And I promise never to watch "Lost" or "Heroes." Yes, you're welcome.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                  -----------------------------

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Remember that thread where I explained ad nauseum my theory that me liking a show will inevitably kill said show? Well ... we sort of liked "Drive." Liked it too much I guess. Sorry. I'll try not to let it happen again.
                    Ha, now I know who's really at fault! Bad gorilla man...bad! Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

The last 2 episodes are going to be on July 4th, back to back at 8 pm. I guess they really don't expect anyone to watch them... I'll be DVR-ing. Still gotta see how it ends!
                      shyrunner07

hey k, NF will be on the Craig Ferguson show tonight (05/10)... Smile i loooooves me some Ferguson...::swoon:: /cheeky little monkey
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The last 2 episodes are going to be on July 4th, back to back at 8 pm. I guess they really don't expect anyone to watch them... I'll be DVR-ing. Still gotta see how it ends!
                          Yeah...there are a LOT of really PO'd fans over that. Our VCR is a POS, so I hope if I tape it that it actually works. Might be worth picking up a cheap VCR... Andrea, I did see that! The taping was on the 8th. I would have loved to attend that. My favorite funny Scotsman and my favorite snarky actor on one stage! I won't be up that late, but I think I will try to tape that. Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

shyrunner07

rats! i goofed....here i was thinking it'd be on tonight after Dave, but it was actually last night/this morning...grr. No need to tape it tonight, I guess...unless you want to get in your Larry the Cable Guy fix. Tongue argh! pay no attention to the above...Somebody did not get their daily fix of caffeine yet.... Clowning around
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

LOVE Gosh, Craig's accent and Nathan's cuteness...god, those guys are adorable. Similar senses of humor. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay