Guess what I can do? (Read 923 times)

Now that was a bath...

Calm down Scout. I can drive a car!!!! Cool Cool Cool Cool I passed my test yesterday, so now, at the ripe old age of 35 I get to be a real grown up. Marvellous. Claire xxx
  • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
  • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.

madness baby

Marvellous! Congrats!
      deb
      Wingz

Professional Noob

WHOOT!!! Now, for a nice role-reversal, the parent can scare the *teenager* in the car... Wink

Roads were made for journeys...

Now that was a bath...

LOL Janell. I almost terrified my family last night when I drove them to town for a meal. We hadn't even left the driveway and I went to pull out in front of a big car! I can also do the old 'hitch hiker' trick where I pull over to pick her up and then drive off laughing! So many possibilities. If all else fails I can ruin the rest of her life by letting her catch me in action. That's gotta hurt! Claire xxx
            Congrats girl!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Now the fun REALLY starts! Driving is one of my very favorite things. DH and I usually argue over who gets to drive on long trips. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Dog-Love

Well congrats....I actually was blown away by your walking all over the place. I even said that this spring I would leave the car at home for weeks at a time and walk to work and bike to the store. But driving sure frees up time to do other things.
                Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                  Congrats! Any big plans now that the length and convenience of travel has just mega-multiplied for you ?
                  Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

I just wanna be the first guy to reply in this thread. Woot! Oh, congrats on the license thing too.

Now that was a bath...

Ha - it's great! I am loving it. It makes every morning sort of exciting and is filling the gap left by not running as I get to drive a car. But I doubt that will work for long so come on leg - heal! Eric - thanks for a testosterone based response. I have only myself (or maybe Scout Wink to blame that this thread is obviuosly not interesting enough for men to reply to. Hey I see in your log that you ran a mile - how did it go? Joni - I think I will leave it a couple of weeks to get over the nerves of being a new driver and improve my skills - then I will definitely be taking some trips. We have so many great beaches near here but the roads are really narrow and windy and I am driving a big people carrier (Toyota Emina). Claire xxx

Finished!

Hooray! Congratulations, and have fun tormenting your kids Wink Evil grin
                        Walk + Jog = wog.
                        I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
                        I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
                        Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

You got a license and all you get to drive is a minivan? Boy that takes the fun out of it. You should do what Kirsten did and get a Miata. The mile was excruciatingly slow. My behind is hurting a little more ever since. I'm getting quite discouraged about it and starting to resemble more like my avatar everyday. Right now, I'm willing to trade my unknown injury for tendonitis, ITBS, shin splints AND PF. At least I know how to cure those. Will you continue to walk everywhere, or will you be joining us in driving everywhere, even if the destination's only half a block away (in reference to L.A. Story)? Eric

Finished!

The mile was excruciatingly slow. My behind is hurting a little more ever since. I'm getting quite discouraged about it and starting to resemble more like my avatar everyday. Right now, I'm willing to trade my unknown injury for tendonitis, ITBS, shin splints AND PF. At least I know how to cure those.
                            Claire - sorry to hijack Eric - sorry to hear it Sad If you've got tips, on tendonitis and shin splints, I'd love to hear em (though my tendonitis is from typing - I'm icing & ibuprofening). You can post the tips here so we don't further hijack Claire's thread.
                            Walk + Jog = wog.
                            I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
                            I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You got a license and all you get to drive is a minivan? Boy that takes the fun out of it. You should do what Kirsten did and get a Miata.
                              I wish! I have a 3...not even a Mazdaspeed 3 (couldn't afford the insurance or gas on that one, anyhow...and I'd miss my sunroof/moonroof). Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

derek

Now the fun REALLY starts! Driving is one of my very favorite things. DH and I usually argue over who gets to drive on long trips.
                                In my case, I hate driving, especially for long distances so my wife gets to do the majority, if not all, of the driving when we're in the car together

Derek