Happy Hour Runners - January! (Read 627 times)

Bugs

There is a girl on active.com that wants to be in our click. We need to create the user group and let her know about the thread. Big grin

Bugs

There is a girl on active.com that wants to be in our click. We need to create the user group and let her know about the thread. Big grin
      Okay, I'll see if I can figure out how to set it up. Can we be a group instead of a clique? Clique brings up bad high school memories. It look like the post from Obiebyke was a drive by. He never answered my questions. I ran two miles as fast as I could last night which wasn't very fast. It was 34F out and I overdressed. I wore what I would have worn at that temperature for skiing which turned out to be too warm for running. So the wind vest came off, then I unbuttoned the polar fleece, then the gloves came off. I guess I should have ditched the wind pants, too. (I had my warmest tights under them.) I think that's the first running striptease I've done this year. 2.2 miles in 19:something. I forgot to bring my Garmin to work. I have an easy 3 miles scheduled for tonight so I'm taking both boys with me. DS1 has not run much in the last month so it should be REALLY slow. I'll say a prayer for patience before we leave the house.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Thanks Mary! I'd rather not be in a click either. Smile If you dont' have time to set this up, let me know and I'll do it this morning. Sounds like a risque type of run!! You are good at stripping and running . . . . As far as Wii - we have the sports package that came with the game: tennis, boxing, bowling, baseball, golf. I'm totally addicted to it. I know what cow game your talking about too - but haven't played it yet. Watched the kids play it and laughed my butt off. Last night I played some Wii tennis and then told myself that I have to take down some Christmas decorations before I can play anymore. An hour and fifteen minutes later that was done. DH then said he was going to go take a shower and then whip my ass in bowling. I said that I'd take that challenge!! Well, 3 games later, he had done just that. Then on to tennis and he was the champion of that too - although I am starting to do better. Then boxing - HA! I was the winner of both games - first game went 3 rounds and I won by decision, the next game was also 3 rounds but I finally knocked him out cold! Then I watched the Apprentice - I'm hooked on that show now. Anyone else? I plan on getting back out to run tomorrow. I have to start logging miles and my cought is getting a little better. Okay - better do some work now. ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Okay, pack the boxes again. Here's our new address. http://www.runningahead.com/groups/HappyHour/ Should we do any remodeling (reword the description of our group)? Let me know what you think -- but I guess post it over there and we'll stop using this thread. willmary/tenacious1 Let's try that again. The link isn't linking. http://www.runningahead.com/groups/HappyHour/

California Dreaming

Bugs Hi Well, I found you all over here at RA. Sorry to hear you are sick, what a drag. You are not missing much here in CA though, the weather has been pretty nasty the last few days; lots of rain and wind in the Central Valley. It has kept me inside as much as possible. Which means that I haven't been able to run; I have used the elipitcal. But, with the Phoenix race on Sunday I am nervous now on how I am going to do Confused Well, I will drop by later, but now I am off to the Studio to workout. Feel well soon ~ Have a GREAT day!
            obiebyke

Hi Obiebyke! Thanks for the welcome! I've got a lot to figure out. So a "public user group" is open to anyone? And I guess the user groups must be on a different server to take care of the bogging down you're concerned about?
              Sorry! That wasn't meant to be a driveby. Glad someone else stopped by in my absence and helped you set up a group. The bogging down isn't about servers--it's about using all-RA space for group-specific business. So, when one of you posts, your thread pops up to the top, pushing down threads that were for all of us. Does that make sense? Happy Tuesday. I hope it's less rainy and windy where you are.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)