Switch shoes during run (Read 104 times)

bhearn

OK. I finally get to ask this question. How can you record it properly when you switch shoes during a run? You can only assign one equipment to a workout. So it's going to have too many miles. To account for the excess, can you reset its initial mileage negative? I will try it and find out.

The second pair will have its mileage underreported. In that case I guess you add the distance to its initial mileage.

Switching shoes is something many people do during ultras. I always stage an extra pair if it's 100+ miles, but this is the first time I've actually used them.

JimR

#firstworldultrarunnersproblems

old woman w/hobby

The second pair will have its mileage underreported. In that case I guess you add the distance to its initial mileage.

This is what I've done.

steph  

Fix it or break it.  

John Wood

I just did this last weekend, needed to change shoes at the 10 mile turn around on what wound up a 26 mile run. I logged all the miles on the shoe that went the longest, then went back to my log and found 10 miles on that shoe from a previous run and changed that to the shoe I started with.

jsfuller

You could "split the workout" into two workouts.

First, copy / duplicate the workout. Then you can assign a shoe to each workout and delete the miles that don't apply. But, if you also want summary information for that workout, it will also be split (e.g. it will no longer show up as a race PR).

I suppose you could make a third copy and not assign a shoe to that one, but that may mess with your other totals. Maybe assign the two shoe workouts to an "other" activity?

catwhoorg

Labrat

I just assign the shoe I start off in.

Adjust the 'initial" mileage downwards for that shoe, and add miles to the other pair(s) used.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18