Who is in for the New Bedford Half Marathon this month? (Read 860 times)

jeffdonahue

I didnt realize just how competitive the field was at New Bedford yesterday until a friend told me to compare the 200th finisher in that race against another Half Marthon. So I did it, I compared it against Run to Remember held in Boston last May. New Bedford HM 200th Place Total Runners - 1,666 Time - 1:23:20 Pace - 6:22 mpm Run to Remember 2007 200th Place Total Runners - 3,200 Time - 1:38:05 Pace - 7:29 mpm So the race is twice the size and yet you have to run more than a minute per mile faster just to get the same place in the race. That is a huge difference there.

I didnt realize just how competitive the field was at New Bedford yesterday until a friend told me to compare the 200th finisher in that race against another Half Marthon. So I did it, I compared it against Run to Remember held in Boston last May.
      Cool stat! New Bedford does bring out a good field. It's the USATF-NE Half-Mary Championship race, which might help, plus it falls at a good time for a competitive half marathon. Most of the Spring Marathons are 5-8 weeks out so it makes for a good tune up race. They also have a pretty deep prize structure through USATF - individuals only pay 3 places but teams pay 6 places.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

go grammy

Had a good race, weather was much better than last year. Felt really good through out the race even with the wind along the waterfront. Finised at 2:16 which I was pleased with after combating a back problem three weeks ago and scraping Hyannis. Enjoyed the fish sandwich and chower too! Glad to hear you all made it. On to the next one!
        corrade

Valet Parking

Excellent runs everybody, great reports! Had a good run myself, despite showing up late. So lame, a first for me. The gun time was still good for a PR, but I'll be running against my unofficial 'best' 6:30 faster. Very nice course, just enough difficulty to give it character. Starting in last place allowed me to 'run with' almost 1000 people!