80 pounds Gone (Read 1170 times)

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

Awesome job! Where are the before/after pics!?

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

zzz

wow dude great job!!! send me your secrets... I am in the process of losing weight too.... a month in and still sooo much to go.... yes send before and after pics... we all need inspiration!! spectacular job!! congrats!!!
      nkeliher

Running nut

I'm 6'2" and am pretty slim at 190 - in fact my wife won't let me lose much more. When she sees my high school pictures (when I weighed 160) she tells me I was waaay too skinny. Everyone's body is different I guess.
          Thank you very much for the inspiration Big grin My apologies for the poor quality of before and after pictures as I never thought to take a real "before" pic, so I scanned my drivers license for the before photo Blush As you can clearly see, I was very obese with a double chin and weighed 270+ lbs. Blush Blush Blush Blush Blush Blush ...much leaner at 190 lbs I try to cut out as much sugary junk food as will power permits. Eating alot of sardines now. Also garlic Big grin
          C-R

Well done Hefty or more aptly Not So Hefty

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

well done - keep kicking ass!
              MM# 1477
                Cool sunglasses Big grin, Good job, you do look alot different. I'd never know it was the same person.

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Looking good dude. I bet your getting more looks these days from the ladies. Big grin If you're married or entwined , I hope your partner isn't jealous. Cool

Vim

The young Mama Bear!

Go you! Wow, 80 pounds! That's ALL the weight I hope lose, and I'm only halfway there...what's your secret?! Tongue Seriously man, keep truckin'. That's awesome!
                    Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
                    Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.
                    stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

Love the before and after pics! You look fantastic. My DL pic is a fat faced version of me from almost 2 years ago. I have to go change my name soon so I'm looking forward to taking a new picture. LOL Way to go, again!

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

That is absolutely awesome. Keep it up!

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

More turtle than hare...

I try to cut out as much sugary junk food as will power permits. Eating alot of sardines now. Also garlic Big grin
                          My body would totally revolt on me if I started feeding it sardines and garlic instead of sugary foods. You are a stronger person than most... Tongue And hearty congrats on all your hard work!
                            Outstanding Hefty...YOU BETTER CHANG YOUR NAME to something like skinny...... I would like to see some before and after picts........they really inspire me....... Good job

Champions are made when no one is watching

The lost weight definitely helps me to run faster Big grin Now I can keep up with those young 30ish whippersnappers and even pass them sometimes Wink
                              Hannibal Granite

That's a fantastic amount of weight loss...Really impressive. Question about your goal, though....Do you really want to weigh 160? You're almost 6 feet tall (if my math is correct...71.5 inches = 5'11 1/2", right?) Maybe I'm completely wrong...And I don't know your body type...But that seems thin. Or maybe I'm delusional about what an ideal weight is....
                                160lbs at 71.5 inches is ~2.23 lbs/in I weigh 150lbs at 69 inches (insert inappropriate joke here) which is ~2.17 lbs/in and when I'm at peak fitness I'm closer to 145 lbs. So, Hefty's goal is certainly not unhealthily skinny, but may be hard to acheive if he has a lot of upper body muscle mass ETA: congrats to Hefty on the weight loss so far - keep it up!

"You NEED to do this" - Shara