Spin Dr - RnR Marathon - Race Report (Read 564 times)

I did not even catch the phone part. Confused Evil grin: Just thinking how much faster you would have been without the phone! How is the recovery coming?

Vim

Congrats on a great run, and a terrific race report!
      My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
        Nice. Congratulations!

Runners run

Big grin cell phone, who me?? The recovery is going pretty well. Left knee keeps locking up after sitting for a while, but overall feeling pretty good. I heard the second day can be worse than the first. As for "what's next". Going to be hitting the weights and keep running to about 15 - 20 mpw. Eyeing a few local 5k / 10k's. Then probably hit a hm this fall and probably find a fun destination marathon for next year. Thanks to all.

madness baby

The recovery is going pretty well. Left knee keeps locking up after sitting for a while, but overall feeling pretty good. I heard the second day can be worse than the first.
            Did you take an ice bath? It cured me. 60 seconds after the finish line, I couldn't move. The next couple of days I was walking just fine! I bet you're over it. You trained well. Smile
            deb
              <did>>> I took an "as cold as the water can get" bath, then iced my knees. Really helped!</did>

madness baby

That's great. Smile I just stand in the shower with a towel draped around my torso and force my legs under cold cold cold water. My husband the cross country runner made me do it. I hated him for a few minutes, then came to love him again. Wink
                deb
                  Great report, Jason, congratulations!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                  Thyroid Support Group

Great report. Good job on your first marathon.
                    va

Nice first marathon finish! Congratulations!!!
                      db7

Strong work. Feels good completing something you worked so hard for doesn't it? DB

Tougher than most, dumber than the rest. "You can not count the miles until you feel them" TVZ

>> That is probably the part that makes me feel the best. As hard as the race was, often the training was even harder. Trying to find time, fighting through the excuses, and continuing towards that start line makes it all the more great! Thanks again to all. Still feeling the high, and headed out for my first run today. Feeling great! No aches or pains tells me I must have done something right.
                          Ed4

Barefoot and happy

Still feeling the high, and headed out for my first run today. Feeling great! No aches or pains tells me I must have done something right.
                            You certainly did do something right! Congrats. (After my first marathon I felt crippled for weeks. That taught me a valuable lesson for the next time!)
                            Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.
                              Congrats SPin Dr.! Great race and report.

http://www.freewebs.com/run4life/RA/springChallenge.htm