2013 Sub-3:00 Marathon Goal Thread (Read 2202 times)

Feeling the growl again

Good luck Spaniel, I suggest the pfitz 0.28/0 plan for your training...Smile

Big grin

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

joescott

I bet 2:50 isn't good enough for the first corral next year.

It was not this year.  At least not 2:50:56, I can say that for certain.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Feeling the growl again

It was not this year.  At least not 2:50:56, I can say that for certain.

Well I will be targeting <2:45 at the start....if I am still ok at 20 I will drop the hammer.  I know the course as I ran it last year...it was not a great day for me from the start but I still managed 2:39.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

bhearn

Sounds good. But in practice, BQ-10 will be more than good enough, if things go south and it comes to that. Though then you wouldn't even be in the second corral.

Feeling the growl again

Sounds good. But in practice, BQ-10 will be more than good enough, if things go south and it comes to that. Though then you wouldn't even be in the second corral.

Yes, it will be a balancing act.  If I do go I will train like hell to make it my best Boston ever and that would be hard to do from the 2nd corral.  I've had to run off the road from the first...

It's not do or die. You can always improve your seed with a fast marathon in the fall.

Runners run

Feeling the growl again

Well I will be targeting <2:45 at the start....if I am still ok at 20 I will drop the hammer.  I know the course as I ran it last year...it was not a great day for me from the start but I still managed 2:39.

Tales of my injuries' resolution were greatly exaggerated.  I only got 3 miles in before it was acting up and an hour in my right hip was totally locked up...limped off the course after ~10 miles in ~63 minutes.  I wasn't going to finish anything close to a marathon at any pace.

joescott

spaniel, sorry about how that turned out, man.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Bad luck spaniel - get yourself fixed and healthy.

2:49:03 for me at London yesterday - not what I wanted but I can't complain.  I paced it pretty poorly with some over eager early miles and paid for it later.  I don't think the 2:39 was there this time even with better pacing but I'll learn a few lesson from this one and come back stronger.

Feeling the growl again

Bad luck spaniel - get yourself fixed and healthy.

2:49:03 for me at London yesterday - not what I wanted but I can't complain.  I paced it pretty poorly with some over eager early miles and paid for it later.  I don't think the 2:39 was there this time even with better pacing but I'll learn a few lesson from this one and come back stronger.

Good job; it's never a bad deal when you get some good lessons from it.  I think those at  the front of the race learned a thing or two about pacing as well.  Big grin

Good job; it's never a bad deal when you get some good lessons from it.  I think those at  the front of the race learned a thing or two about pacing as well.  Big grin

Yup - that made me feel a lot better when I saw that!

lagwagon

I'm officially scratched for NJ Marathon on Sunday.  Bummer too, just found out I made the "A" corral.

Calf strain still unresolved...tried to come back after 2 weeks rest, and then re-strained it on subsequent weekends messing around with my family.  3 more weeks of complete rest and its feeling much better but still not 100%.  hopefully resume jogging next week, and will push sub 3 attempt into the fall at the Hudson Mohawk or NY marathon.  May even just dial back goals to a BQ this year and sub 3 next year.

good luck to everyone on their upcoming races, and to the others injured, hang in there!

DoppleBock

I keep declaring a race with hopes of going from fat-ass out of shape to sub 3.  Boston I was still fat-ass out of shape 230-235#

I will race again for sub 3 this year, But I think I will wait to pick a race until I am at least close to sub 3 shape.  It might not be until fall.  I do feel like training again, but I do not feel like fighting weight right now.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Why is it sideways?

I am going to run Bob Potts Marathon on May 25th. I am doing it for a BQ for 2014. Will likely pace for 2:55ish.

DoppleBock

Might want to get a 2:53 as coral #1 might get a little harder to hit

I am going to run Bob Potts Marathon on May 25th. I am doing it for a BQ for 2014. Will likely pace for 2:55ish.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !