Human Flag (Read 219 times)

jeffdonahue

Got my first human flag today - held for about 3-4 seconds.  I've been working towards it for a few months now (maybe more than a few).

Going to try to post a link to it the video here, but I'm not sure if I ever get this stuff right and my work blocks so much stuff I can't get a picture saved anywhere to upload.  Will try to figure out how to get a picture saved somewhere that I can link it here.

https://youtu.be/9uOo8Wgw9bU

Marylander

Very cool, nice work! So that's what it's called... I think that could be something fun to work on. Hmm...

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Hmm, that's a lot harder than it looks, isn't it?

Very impressive.

HappyFeat

Wow! Super impressive!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

seeEricaRun

Awesome

Ahh! This is so cool!

What kind of exercises have you been doing?

Running Problem

Problem Child

awesome! how long did it take to get that?

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Christirei

wow, just wow

that is so impressive! and you weren't even shaking while you held it

rlopez

Do I wanna click the link?

Running Problem

Problem Child

Do I wanna click the link?

you do.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

jeffdonahue

It took me probably 3-4 months to get to it.  In all honesty I might have had the strength to do it before then, but nailing down the form and motion took some time.

As for exercises, it was a lot of shoulder and core strength - Pull ups, hand stands (and hand stand pushups when I got strong enough), side planks (on hand not elbow), and lateral bench raises and single arm active hanging.

What really got me there though was when my gym closed down for some renovations.  I go to planet fitness so I had to go use another location and they had this PF360 setup which is where you can see me doing the flag.  But before I could do it solo, I worked on doing it with bands - focusing on the form of holding myself above the bands when I could, and then using lighter and lighter bands until one day i realized that the band i was using was so weak I could probably do it without one.

then I did.

Now, with this social distancing and gyms being closed, I'm pretty sure I've lost the strength I had then and could probably not do one right now.  So I'm starting to build strength back up with whatever exercises I can do at home, in hopes that when I get back to the gym I'll be close again.

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Late to the party here, but man, you made that look easy. Congrats. --Christine

Got my first human flag today - held for about 3-4 seconds.  I've been working towards it for a few months now (maybe more than a few).

Going to try to post a link to it the video here, but I'm not sure if I ever get this stuff right and my work blocks so much stuff I can't get a picture saved anywhere to upload.  Will try to figure out how to get a picture saved somewhere that I can link it here.

https://youtu.be/9uOo8Wgw9bU