Cannot delete Workout Type (Read 621 times)

Patzer

I'm trying to delete an Activity type (e.g. Situps).  From reading previous posts,. I learned that I have to delete all workouts of that type, all interval types, and all activity types.  I removes all workouts and interval types.  However, I cannot remove all workout types.  I get this error:

workout type name: Default

This workout type cannot be deleted because it is being used by one or more workouts.

a) It's the Default; I didn't create it.

b) I do not have any workouts of that type at all, let alone of that workout type.

So, I'm stuck, unable to remove the Activity type, and until I can do that the delete button for the Activity won't appear.  Please help.

Current goal: an Olympic distance triathlon. Did two of them! New goal: a half-ironman?? Did that too. New goal: I'll have to get back to you.

I don't work here, but I"m pretty sure you can't delete the "default" sub-category for any activity (e.g. run, bike, swim).  RA needs a category to label  incoming workouts; default fits the bill.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Patzer

Actually, the instructions I found in a forum say to delete it.  Also, it does offer to delete it, and the reason it gives for refusing is not that it can't but that it won't because there are still workouts using it (which is not actually the case).

Current goal: an Olympic distance triathlon. Did two of them! New goal: a half-ironman?? Did that too. New goal: I'll have to get back to you.

Actually, the instructions I found in a forum say to delete it.  Also, it does offer to delete it, and the reason it gives for refusing is not that it can't but that it won't because there are still workouts using it (which is not actually the case).

Go to your reports and do a search of the activity you want to delete to make sure that you don't have any "default" workouts in that category. I was able to delete three categories that i never used without a problem.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

eric :)

This is a minor oversight.  When you delete your workouts, they're not deleted immediately.  It is queued up until the server is less busy.  This is how I squeezed more juice out of the server without upgrading it.  It can take up to 24 hours for the delete operation to occur.  You should be able to delete the activity tomorrow.  I need to fix the code to expedite the delete operation if the user is requesting to delete activities.

Patzer

Thanks, eric, I will do that.  The wait is no problem now that I no what's going on.

Patzer

Oooouch: s/no/know