Best Headphones for Running? (Read 2050 times)

volfan

I'm looking to buy some headphones that fit in your ear (NOT like the ear buds that come with MP3 players Tongue ). The problem is, either they fit but don't sound good or they sound good but fall out when you run / sweat / etc.... Any suggestions on a pair that might work for running? Confused Thanks!
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sennheiser Sport MX 75. Awesome. Sweat-proof, don't block out ambient noise, yet the sound quality is much better than the crummy ones that come with iPods--and they stay put. Have little custom-fit silicone rings.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

noahhendy

Personally, these work well for me. They sound fine, stay on reasonably well and most importantly they have a high threshold for sweat! I sweat like a pig in a butcher shop when I run and I've destroyed many many pairs of other brands and models, but these last a long time. They're cheap too. Smile http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-J10-Headphones-Non-Slip-Design/dp/B00006JILW/ref=pd_bxgy_e_img_b

Hoping to Run Again :-(

I have an earlier Sony version to noahhendy's, except the cord is attached to the rubber part that wraps around your ear - not to the bud end, if that makes sense. Sound quality isn't high-end but good enough for me. They came with my Discman, that's how old they are, but they're the first ones that stay put!
          ~ Fly ~
          Only as much as I dream can I be.
          veggies on the run

~Gordo~

I have these http://www.amazon.com/Nike-HJ020-Flight-Sport-headphones/dp/B0009MFKDQ and really like them. The cord is behind you, so it stays out of your way, the ear pieces stay in your ear, but you can still hear the traffic around you. I only use them for running. I tried using them on a flight once, but having the cord behind you doesn't make it very comfortable. The are also a great deal at only $14-$15.
            !If you don't...you won't! ~Remember the light at the end of tunnel maybe you~ ~If you choose not to decided, you still have made a choice~
              Nike Vapor Earhook Adjustable Headphones These are my favorite, they are sweat resistant and don't fall off easily.

Michelle

Think Whirled Peas

Nike Vapor Earhook Adjustable Headphones These are my favorite, they are sweat resistant and don't fall off easily.
                same here.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Go Pre!

These are great, they strengthen your neck too! Seriously, the Nike ones above look goodand I may try them out. I hate headphones, all of them, I have tried many and have have luck with 'in ear' buds but I always seem to have little arguments with cords.
                    My vote is also for Sennheiser, but for the PMX70. The MX75 were the best earbuds I found, but the lopsided cord lengths drove me crazy. I switched to these and haven't missed the earbud style for one second - these just stay in place forever -

The young Mama Bear!

I use these: They have this "bump" that keeps the bud in the ear...one of my ears is smaller or something so it took some adjusting, but they haven't fallen out once. I used to use these, but one side blew out!: They're great, but they're bright green. And a bit more expensive than regular headphones. And they don't block out noise too well, but that's okay! They'll never fall out!
                      Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
                      Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.

Imminent Catastrophe

+1 on the Sennheiser MX-75. Except the color.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

C-R

Your ears! Seriously - I stopped using music for runs this Spring and found I don't miss it at all. Also it helps me stay more aware of my surroundings and in tune with my run. Just sayin'

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

volfan

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions! After several days of internet browising, I ended up going with the Sennheiser MX75's that clip on your ear. I was intrigued by the design, most everything that I read about them was positive, and I found them at Circuit City for 1/2 off! (the biggest determining factor Big grin) I haven't really gotten a chance to run with them yet, but am looking forward to trying them out this weekend. Thanks again for the help!

Double IPA Please!

I have a pair of Skull Candy's that I love, love, love..as a matter of speaking I just blew them out I use them so much. I need to get a new pair. They are easy on the ears- no pain, stay in even on my intense interval workouts and the sound is superior in my opinion. http://www.onlinefitness.com/product.cfm?pr=3278 These are the ones I have. They are lightweight and fit great in the ears.

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)