Nike+ ?? (Read 1142 times)

When I first got the Nike+ gizmo, I calibrated it by running a 1/4 mile. It was off +.10 a mile. Then I read some of the "good to do" tricks at the Nike web site. The one that helped the most was to calibrate it for both running AND walking. That made a huge difference in the accuracy - it was only off by +.01/mile afterwards and I'm okay with that margin of error. Don't know why it makes such a big difference, though. Mike
      Just want to say that I love mine. I run on a track everyday and find it to be very accurate for that. I find that it is easy to say "I don't feel like going to the gym, it won't matter" when it's just me, but when I have something tracking my Km, and goals that will be registered into graphs, its harder to justify it this way. I'm also really into graphs and stats in general so its nice to see all my runs lined up by km or time and how I have improved or am maintaining. Also, I love how they tell me how much longer I have to go and all that, and the powersong option. Definately a good reason why I haven't missed a running day in about a month. I should go into selling it! lol Oh, I wouldn't buy the armband though. I like having my ipod in my hand so I can change songs, and I think they are like $45 for an armband, which is just silly.