RA Update (Aug 15) (Read 3515 times)

eric :)

Geez... of all the pages that I tested, I forgot the most important one   It's fixed.  And thank you for your continuing support of RA!

Eric,

Not sure if others have same issue and/or been reported, but the Quality and Effort Stars are not showing up in Run Entry.  On older runs they display in workout summary list but when click on detail no stars.  Normally used to get the 10 blank stars and hover over to select now nothing.

Not a big issue as recent runs have been nothing to write home about in regards to quality or effort

Windows XP

IE 7.0

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

mikeymike

New Map Finder
        I redid the map finder to make it easier to use.  I'm still not completely happy with it, but there's only so much I can do with javascript without making everything slow.  The new map finder displays 10 results at a time, with a corresponding marker on the map to indicate the starting location.

Great stuff as usual, Eric.

I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong, but I wanted to see if some of my own routes would show up in the Map Finder and I can't seem to get it to work, particularly when searching for race courses only.  How do I tell if a course is actually marked as a race course?  I see the button in the course editor, but I can't tell if it's selected or not.  I tried hitting the button, saving the course, then searching for it in the map finder with no luck.  Then I opened the map to edit again, hit the button again, saved and repeated and still didn't find it.  I found several other nearby race courses that were not mine, so I know it's working on some level.

Runners run

ymmv

I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong, but I wanted to see if some of my own routes would show up in the Map Finder and I can't seem to get it to work, particularly when searching for race courses only.  How do I tell if a course is actually marked as a race course?  I see the button in the course editor, but I can't tell if it's selected or not.  I tried hitting the button, saving the course, then searching for it in the map finder with no luck.  Then I opened the map to edit again, hit the button again, saved and repeated and still didn't find it.  I found several other nearby race courses that were not mine, so I know it's working on some level.

http://www.runningahead.com/forums/post/c8f1214c818d4262afe3e2781133e9a3#focus

mikeymike

That's so simple it's awesome.

Runners run

Tyler S

You're a beast Eric keep up the good work!

Non ducor, duco.

LOVE it! Thanks Eric! I love the private note part the mostest!
                esofen

Hi Eric,

The new features in the latest update are great!  I particularly like the new course mapping interface and updated maps.

There are a couple of little bugs that I've noticed:

In Google Chrome 6.0.490.1dev on OS X 10.6.4, the maps will not display elevation - it just shows the spinning "busy" icon.  Also, when I go to view a course, the map defaults to downtown Boston, rather than the location of the mapped course.  These issues do not appear in either Safari 5.01 or Firefox 3.6.8, so it's probably not a super high-priority.

In any browser on OS X, there's an issue with adding non-run workouts from the calendar.  If I am looking at the calendar and click on a date, the "Add Workout Entry" page comes up, as expected.  If I try to change "Activity" from run to bike, it ends up hanging.  The "Equipment" field switches over to show my bikes, but the "Workout type" does not change and there's the "busy" icon next to the "Activity" field.  I've let it sit for a few minutes, and it stays as described above.  If I try to switch it back to "Run" it continues to hang.

Finally, a couple of keyboard shortcut quirks when entering a workout that have appeared with the update:  

In Chrome, tabbing through (starting from Date) seems to stop at Route and then goes off to the different links (logout, help, options...), and doesn't go on to Distance.  Also, when any of the text entry fields are selected (Distance, Duration, Temperature), it used to be that hitting "Enter" would save the entry.  Now, it jumps to the Route drop-down menu.  Perhaps these is some unintended side-effect of the new (and definitely improved) route drop-down?

In Safari, the Tab key behaves as expected, but Enter still bounces you to the Routes field.

In Firefox, Tab skips from Time of Day to Route (missing Activity and Workout Type).  Enter has the same behavior as in Safari and Chrome.

Thanks for the great site!

Eric

The donate button does not work from the main site for me.....  http://www.runningahead.com/donate

Windows XP SP3
                    Firefox 3.6.7

The error message is:

Unknown error

An unknown error has occurred. The site administrator has been notified.

Error is fixed.

donation completed.

Eric, the updates are amazing.  Thanks for building such a great site.

jason

Eric,

I didn't know about the Streak widget. How do you access it, how do you use it? I have a year & half long running streak which I plan to continue, and I would love to keep track of it on my training log.

Thanks,

jura

LOVE it! Thanks Eric! I love the private note part the mostest!

I added your request but you end up liking something else the mostest instead?  Gah!!!

Eric,

Not sure if others have same issue and/or been reported, but the Quality and Effort Stars are not showing up in Run Entry.  On older runs they display in workout summary list but when click on detail no stars.  Normally used to get the 10 blank stars and hover over to select now nothing.

Not a big issue as recent runs have been nothing to write home about in regards to quality or effort

Windows XP

IE 7.0

Buckeye,

This should be fixed

Maybe I should allow you to include/exclude your routes instead.

Eric,
                              That's some good reporting!  Interested in beta testing for me?

It appears that Chrome has lots of problems.  I'll look into it.

I am unable to reproduce the edit workout problem you are experiencing.  I tried it with Safari 5.0.1.  Do you know if there were any javascript errors?

Eric,

I didn't know about the Streak widget. How do you access it, how do you use it? I have a year & half long running streak which I plan to continue, and I would love to keep track of it on my training log.

Thanks,

jura

jura,

Customize your summary page, and the streak widget is one of the options you can add to your page.