graphically challenged (Read 359 times)

Hi there,

I have been going  back and forth for a while playing with different types of graphs to find the style that best describes my information. I have to admit, it can be a little cumbersome and frustrating, but in the end, I am often pleased with the outcome.

I have been wanting to do a graph that is (total distance / calendar:date), preferably a line point-to-point graph, but I can only manage to make it (each workout distance / calendar:date).  This gives a lot of peaks and falls because each workout is different. I wanted to see if there was a way to do a line graph which calculated a cumulative distance over a period of time, simply put, one that is always ascending (no peaks and falls).

Anyway, if this is possible, could someone please pass on the how-to. Thanks so much.

Best,

SOM

I am also trying to figure out a graph that tracks my pace over all workout types (walking, running, biking, etc. paces on all one line graph)

Can someone pass on how to do this? Thanks so much.

eric :)

soul.of.mine,

RA currently does not support cumulative totals graphs.  Someone else has requested this and I've added it to my list of things to do.  I do not have an estimate of when I can get to it.

As for your over all pace, you can create a graph with the following options:

graph-type: line

x-axis: date (you may want to use week or month for a smoother graph)

y-axis: pace

specify the date range

click Graph and you should get what you want.

Awesome! Thanks so much.

peace.

Sorry, one more question.

When I make the pace graph, it puts the paces of all my workout types together into one line. This is a little deceiving as I bike, run, and walk.  Three totally different speeds.  Is there a way, to do it with multiple lines (one for biking pace, one running, one walking, etc.) on one graph, like it does on a distance/date graph?

If not, that's cool, I can just make a run/pace graph, biking/pace graph, etc. Just curious.

Thanks again.