My Marathon Report (Read 658 times)

Nice work, Dave. And, it was great to meet you before the start. Who knew we'd have to travel from Toronto to Columbus to meet face-to-face. I still can't believe that you were able to pick me out of a crowd of 10,000, wearing a garbage bag in the dawn's early light! I digress... great run, awesome PR. I'll post my own report shortly, but just wanted to say you rock, man!

Go Pre!

Nice work, Dave. And, it was great to meet you before the start. Who knew we'd have to travel from Toronto to Columbus to meet face-to-face. I still can't believe that you were able to pick me out of a crowd of 10,000, wearing a garbage bag in the dawn's early light! I digress... great run, awesome PR. I'll post my own report shortly, but just wanted to say you rock, man!
      Dude, I got to the start (later than I'd hoped) and was like, there is NO WAY I am going to find anyone. So I figured I would take one good look and see if I could find Orange Man or you. (I checked your photos out from your last HM just in case) WOW, first glance, literally 5 seconds of crowd scanning, I recognized your visor. freaky lucky. How long was that port-o-potty wait? I should have lined up...well, I should have got there a lot earlier. Like I said before -- I once again learned a lot! BTW - Thanks for all of the nice replies my RA friends! D

Me and my gang in Breck

Congratulations! A PR with those kinds of issues is great. Thanks for sharing. Mark

That which does not kill us makes us stronger. Neitzsche "Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." "Dedication and commitment are what transfer dreams into reality."

Wow, a PR under those conditions --- awesome!!! Big grin
          2009: BQ?
          bas

Reading your report almost hurts! That was a heroic marathon. Incredible that you managed to run a pr! bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

Jeffrey

ITBS, hamstring, ... glad to hear you crossed the line and triumphed over your nagging injuries. You earned that PR. Smile

Go Pre!

I just got back from Physio / sports massage....I feel golden. Knees feel better than they have in a long time. The usual post marathon quad pain still lingers a bit. I cannot f*&^%# wait to run. My signature quote below rings so true. I am looking forward to the next marathon journey, right to the 26.2 mile victory lap!
                  Glad you are feeling better! Congrats on your race Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                  Thyroid Support Group