Running during a heat wave (Read 611 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

16 miles this morning with an MI of 150.  The drinking fountain I was counting on wasn't functional, which kind of sucked, but I did have 8 oz. water with me.  Tolerable, glad to get a long run done.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

155, here...air quality is sucking.  Thinking I may hit the dreadmill.  Just the thought of that makes me cringe.  I'll be back on the damned thing more than I like in 5 months or so.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

an amazing likeness

155, here...air quality is sucking.  Thinking I may hit the dreadmill.  Just the thought of that makes me cringe.  I'll be back on the damned thing more than I like in 5 months or so.

Yuck...but get those miles logged. I want to award you the coveted ">>"!

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yuck...but get those miles logged. I want to award you the coveted ">>"!

Oh, I'll get it done...just trying to psyche myself up.  Only need to go ~3 miles, but 3 miles on the dreadmill eats my soul...

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

5.1 miles Wednesday with MI = 90 + 74 = 164.  That was about as far as I wanted to go.

Thursday was better: 8.1 miles at MI = 87 + 67 = 154.

Christirei

misery index, that is absolutely awesome. Not sure what the dew point was this morning here. It was 84 degrees and the humidity was at 88% but i don't regularly check the dew point. either way...it sucked, but on the plus side I did a good job of rehydrating and taking it easy today because I didn't end up with a massive headache like has happened in the past!

Lauriruns

During heat waves I try to go just before dawn.  The pavement is the coolest, and it always cools off justa little bit more right when the sun comes up

16 miles starting at 530 am when it is already 83-85 + tons of humidity was not fun yesterday. Definitely dragged ass

https://www.instagram.com/tfilarski/

George Galestro

My hat is off to all of you doing 16 or any crazy distance with this heat. The heat just wilts me, especially with the sun. I guess I should be going earlier than my normal 8AM. I have been running s l o w and still struggling to get just 4 miles in. I love the summer but hate running in it!

Prince of Fatness

10 miles this morning. 73 + 64 = 137

I'm not complaining.

Not at it at all. 

Finn runs? Who knew?

Dave

Prince of Fatness

Finn runs? Who knew?

Heh, yeah. Not much to brag about these days but at least I am consistently getting out there.

Not at it at all. 

After 8 yesterday at 80+92 for a 172 misery index, I wussed out and went indoors for my 18 mile long run today.   Pretty sure I would have melted.

Art in AZ

Got 11 miles in starting at 5:48 with 89 + 55 = 143. A little better than yesterday. But was dragging towards the end. Remembering when I ran in the Midwest years ago the higher humidity was a killer. It's a little dryer right now. But still hot.

Art in AZ

Mesa, AZ

Heh, yeah. Not much to brag about these days but at least I am consistently getting out there.

That's all you can ask for.

Dave