Tights (Read 1591 times)

Trigirl

I agree that cheaper thinner tights can be fine and in the past I have layered them and thought they were okay. I did recently 'invest' (at $89.00 I consider them an investment!!!) in Sugoi Sub Zero tights and they are fantastic and worth every cent. We get pretty cold winters in Ontario, Canada and I feel confident that these tights will get me right through the winter. Always nice to find affordable decent gear but I haven't seen those tights in our Walmart up here! Sad

2010 results: Muskoka long course: 2km-55km-15km- 1st in age group (qualified for Ironman Canada), 4th female amateur overall; Smith Falls triathlon- first female overall; 5 km Canada Day running race- 20:42 (fourth female overall). My first pure running race! Quinte triathlon 1.5-40km-10km Second female overall; Ktown triathlon -first female overall (2km-55km-15km) Mt Forest triathlon (500-20km-5km) 1st female overall; Brockville triathlon (750-20-5km) 1st place female overall

2011 results: (Racing with Piriformis syndrome-ouch)  Sydenham Triathlon- 1st female overall; Peterborough Triathlon-4th female (out of 185)and 1st in age group.....

Foul. Real men aren't afraid to jog or wear tights.
      Real men don't let their junk get frostbitten either. Shorts & tights are okay. Function is a form of beauty. Trigirl, Canada's a whole other level of cold than where I'm running. If I was running in your winter temps I'd definitely upgradie my winter gear.
        I recently bought a pair of compression underwear, but they are long and go to the ankles (kind of like - I almost hate to type it 'Panty Hose' - but thicker) and they are great to wear under a thin layer. I wear them and then a nylon shell over them and they really work well.. I also found some Running Tights at Dicks Sporting Goods....they were normally $55 but Dicks is running sale now and so they were marked down to $29.....so I bought them for myself and am going to wrap them up and have SANTA deliver them to me on X-MAS.....Just in time for my New Years Day 5 mile race (The Freezer 5).... If you are looking for tights, check them out at Dicks because there are some deals out there right now..... Big grin Big grin

Champions are made when no one is watching

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I am a complete tights devotee. If it's warm I'm in my running skirts, but once it gets much below 50 it's tights...half to 3/4 length until it gets closer to 40, then a medium-weight full length, then when it's really cold and windy I'm into my windblocker tights. If it's particularly brutal I've been throwing a pair of compression shorts over them to offer extra warmth to my hindquarters. I used to run in knit poly pants all Winter or long undies under wind pants, but snow and drafts would still get up my legs and chafing was always an issue...and the constant swishing noise of windpants will drive a person bonkers after only 3-4 miles. Those options also aren't designed to be worn sans-undies, but I have yet to find undies that don't chafe my cheeks. So tights are perfect.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I am a complete tights devotee.
            Me too - I like them a lot. Of course everytime I put them on to go out for a run my wife and kids tell me how bad they look and on and on (WHICH IS EVEN EXTRA INCENTIVE as far as I'm concerned).. So now anytime we are driving down the road and I see a runner wearing tights, I say to my wife and kids "Oh that person looks so bad' 'Oh he looks horrible' ........they think I should wear some type of cover and or wind pants.... Stick with the tights....if you are running and wearing tights, your making a statement..... Big grin Wink Big grin Wink Big grin Wink

Champions are made when no one is watching