High Hamstring Tendinopathy (Read 143 times)

Thanks, tchuck - good info.  You all are a great source of information to pull from and I appreciate it!

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Ultrarunnerpodcast

Trail Runner Nation

2018: Mendocino Coast 50k - April 21

Well I'm back with the same issue.  Around October it completely subsided and I was only dealing with some low level nerve issues.  I backed off on the pigeon pose wondering if it was creating impingement on the nerve.  Doing that caused my hip to get tight again, and I think that pulled everything out of whack.  So now I'm back to dealing with HHT and nerve stuff.

I found a good sports chiro who introduced me to cupping.  That was a big help with the nerve issue.  I've ordered my own set of cups to use at home every few days since I can't afford to go to him every day. I should have them tomorrow and we'll see how it goes.

Trying to get back into my PT for some exercises and to discuss the HHT issue  . . . . and the fact that I'm signed up for my first ultra in 2 year and come hell or high water, I'm running it.    . . . . . we'll see how he takes the news.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Ultrarunnerpodcast

Trail Runner Nation

2018: Mendocino Coast 50k - April 21

Well that sucks. For me, my upper hammys feel pretty darn good now but if you would ask me if I am cured, I would say no. I don't take my "feel good" status for granted andI still act like I have HHT and do a lot of negatives for hammys, glute work, hip work, pre hab before runs. I had a minor re-occurrance after a half last year. Persistant pain lingering months is no longer an inflammatory issue. In the offseason I increased rehab for 8 weeks doing a lot more of negative resistance hamstring work and more isolated glute work. The first 4 weeks my hammy hurt more but then it turned around and by 8 weeks I was pretty good. All my races including a half I have finished healthy. Negatives help realign muscle fibers. You can't do enough strength and core work.

As I type I am sitting on an infrared heating pad to warm up my hammys and glutes before my long run. It has become lart of my lifestyle. My motivation is that I never want to get back to the point that every waking hour or every time I sit I am reminded of my issue. It really is a miserable condition. It takes work and time.....good luck to you.

Those who try, fail! Those who do what it takes to succeed, succeed!!

Consistently Slow

It has been a pain in my butt since the 1st week of February. 12 weeks of no cardio. Finally went to a chiropractic . He adjust my hip. After the 3rd visit in 10 days I walked 17 miles of the Pro Football HF marathon and ran the last 7 miles. I walked the Bear Lake Trifecta(8 hours) Less than 100  training miles since Feb. The plan is to go to the chiropractor at least twice a month. Going to order a foam roller today. Just finished a 5 mile run walk.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Consistently Slow

+1. I go to places and people wonder why I standing.

Well that sucks. For me, my upper hammys feel pretty darn good now but if you would ask me if I am cured, I would say no. I don't take my "feel good" status for granted andI still act like I have HHT and do a lot of negatives for hammys, glute work, hip work, pre hab before runs. I had a minor re-occurrance after a half last year. Persistant pain lingering months is no longer an inflammatory issue. In the offseason I increased rehab for 8 weeks doing a lot more of negative resistance hamstring work and more isolated glute work. The first 4 weeks my hammy hurt more but then it turned around and by 8 weeks I was pretty good. All my races including a half I have finished healthy. Negatives help realign muscle fibers. You can't do enough strength and core work.

As I type I am sitting on an infrared heating pad to warm up my hammys and glutes before my long run. It has become lart of my lifestyle. My motivation is that I never want to get back to the point that every waking hour or every time I sit I am reminded of my issue. It really is a miserable condition. It takes work and time.....good luck to you.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/