Woot--first HM: DONE! (Read 930 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It's beer-thirty, now (and I did have chili and beer at the finish...how many marathons give you that?!)!!! Race was AWESOME! I *think* I even met my goal time of 2:15:00...it's gonna be REAL close. I had a bit of that numb foot issue, again, but no shin or calf pain, this time around (I would love to know what causes that foot numbness...started 2-3 miles in and lasted for about as long--lefty even joined righty in the numbness for a bit...then it eventually subsided. Odd). Beautiful course, TONS of very friendly and supportive people (I ran most of the race with the Oprah "celebrity pace team"). I will DEFINITELY be doing this next year. And maybe in 2-3 I will be doing the full mary. The wind kicked-up in the last hour or so and the last 2-3 miles were pretty brutal, especially during stretches into the wind...BUT it wasn't snowing or raining, so I'm not gonna gripe much. I lost Eryn about 4.5 miles in (I think), as she had to make a potty stop (the lines for the porta-jons at the start were long and slow-moving, so there was no time for that last-minute bladder evacuation right before the gun). But it was SO awesome to have her hubby and kids cheering me on at the finish, along with my own DH and DS. And DH brought along one of my beasty DSLR cameras, so there will be TONS of great shots of Eryn and I muggin' for the camera. Ok, I'm tired and hungry and need some beer and Krispy-Kremes. Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Race was AWESOME! I *think* I even met my goal time of 2:15:00...it's gonna be REAL close. Big grin k
      Real close my butt, don't listen to her. She rocked! My detail oriented, obsessive compulsive child said the clock said 2:15 when she crossed & we were a couple of minutes behind the clock time, I'd guess. This was a great race, lots of fun! The race director is great, as is the staff. I'd highly recommend this race. It isn't nearly as big as the 25K in the same town in May, but still great support & great people. Modified to say that I also met my goal...I lived!! Due to some bench time, my goal was finishing alive without any focus on time.
      So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
        Congrats!

Runners run

Wingz

Professional Noob

Whoot! Huge congrats to both of you!!! And how awesome that you both met your goals! Big grin Big grin Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks, guys! Got some pics up, kids: super-model racers

~ Sarah Kay

bas

Yesss!!! You rock, both of you! bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

vicentefrijole

Awesome! Well done! Enjoy your recovery (beer)! Big grin
                  Fantastic! You should be well-pleased with your time, too! Your first half is a tremendous accomplishment. Congrats again!
                  My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
                    Congratulations for both of you.... Wondering if I will be ever ready to run so far....

Running in Belgium
                    Ann

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Congratulations for both of you.... Wondering if I will be ever ready to run so far....
                      6 months ago if anyone had told me I'd complete a HM before the end of 2006 I would have told them they were nuts and then give them a smack. But I did it. If I can do it, then I see nothing standing in your way. BTW, who's the wiseass who made the Stevie Wonder comment?! Bah, I'm a bit too melanin-impaired to be compared to Mr. Wonder. Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

Shocked Did you see those pics? Could I look any worse for wear at the finish line? That was my best, "groin called me a dirty bitch again" face!! Tell your hubby thanks for catching me at my worst! Wink
                        So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Big grin Hey, results are up! Here are mine... 2:14:35 (10:16/mile) 27 of 46 women my age 492 of 705 total runners Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Prophet!

nice one...big phat congrats to the both of you...the first one of many more no doubt...

Go Pre!

Awesome ladies - great times even with seasonal conditions! Glad to hear the great report! woo hoo...save me a beer Smile
                              JakeKnight

I'd really like to congratulate you! Unfortunately, I can't. The Constitution of Jake, Article 7, para. 3, clause 1 - what is commonly referred to as the "dork clause" - prohibits me from praising anyone who uses the word "woot." Please note that I do regret the constitutional limitation on my ability to congratulate you, and look forward to applauding your future, woot-free efforts.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                                -----------------------------