A Rant Forum (Read 786 times)

JakeKnight

While I greatly appreciate the fact that, unlike 99% of the black abyss that we call the Internet, this place tends to be rosy and happy and peachy ... ... sometimes there are negatives to running. Things that piss us off endlessly. (Okay, things that piss *me* off endlessly). Things we might like to bitch, whine, howl, moan, groan, or vent about. And frankly, in this happy-happy joy-joy aerobic utopia you've created, I'd almost feel bad about bringing up the dark side of running in any of the current forums. A hypothetical example: perhaps we could discuss why the frickin' _______knocking monkey _______ mother ________ piece of whale ___________ mother ________ sons of _________ who drive around here can't seem to figure out that those little white lines on the road indicate the place you're supposed to be driving? You get the idea. So how about a "Running Rants" forum? A place to vent? A place for comments like that one on running etiquette from the other day? Now there was a good rant. Just a thought. P.S. You might have to put a "adults only" label on it though. Or at least set the software to filter out a few choice words. Evil grin

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
    -----------------------------

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I concur. Heck, our Midwest weather of late (and trying to pretend that it's not so bad running in it as my eyeballs are exfoliated by sideways blowing snow pellets and dust) could have its very own forum, practically. Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

I concur. Heck, our Midwest weather of late (and trying to pretend that it's not so bad running in it as my eyeballs are exfoliated by sideways blowing snow pellets and dust) could have its very own forum, practically. Wink k
        Exfoliated eyeballs. Definitely something to rant about. Personally, I'm against them. By the way ... in my hypothetical forum, it'd be made clear that all rants have to be running related. I've pretty much given up on the rest of the WackyWideWeb because I can't stand to hear one more argument over poltics, religion, race, sex, etc, etc, blahblahfrickinblah. But rants about exfoliated eyeballs ... that's the kind of thing I could get behind. And I don't even know what it means.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

But rants about exfoliated eyeballs ... that's the kind of thing I could get behind. And I don't even know what it means.
          Yep...come run on the frozen tundra and you'll see what that's like. Seriously, my vision is sorta cloudy today...I think my eyeballs got a bit scraped-up, yesterday... I agree on avoiding political/controversial rants. I kind of like that this place is pretty much limited to running-related and/or light off-topic discussions. Sort of a drama-free zone. k

~ Sarah Kay

eric :)

JakeKnight, Do we really need a rant forum? I thought that's what "Off the Beaten Path" is for. Ok, maybe we should have another one where there is no censoring of any kind. I can sorta see that. eric Smile
            Wingz

Professional Noob

Hm. We do have kids on board. Can you work around that?

Roads were made for journeys...

eric :)

Hm. We do have kids on board. Can you work around that?
                I can't tell if someone's of the proper age or not:
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

JakeKnight, Ok, maybe we should have another one where there is no censoring of any kind. I can sorta see that. eric Smile
                  We have censoring? Heh, guess we're all well-behaved enough that I've never noticed it... *gets devious grin* Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

JakeKnight, Do we really need a rant forum? I thought that's what "Off the Beaten Path" is for. Ok, maybe we should have another one where there is no censoring of any kind. I can sorta see that. eric Smile
                    Just a suggestion, old bean. (Sorry. Always wanted to call someone "old bean." No clue why). If you incorporated every suggestion made, you wouldn't have time to sleep. To paraphrase Lincoln, you can't please everybody all the time, so don't sweat it. I can rant to my dogs. They're used to it.