I won a cyclocross race! (Read 672 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ok, so only the women's C race and there were only 5 of us, but only 3 of us completed all 4 laps and I was 23+ seconds ahead of 2nd place. Wine will flow tonight! Man, I friggin' love this sport!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Julia1971

Still counts.  Congratulations and cheers! 

That's awesome! Congrats!

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Loves the outdoors

Congratulations!

One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks!  Last week I was 4/7 (last week's winner got moved to Bs--where she belongs...she races in a skinsuit, FFS).  The week before that was my first race of the season and I was 5/8...lost my rear wheel (worked its way out of the rear drop-out...could have been sorta bad news if it had fully come loose, heh) and a place on the 3rd/4 lap of that race.

I'd love to get to the place where I could actually race B master's (since I will be 40 next year).  Then I can actually race my DH, which would be sorta fun.  If I drop that stupid extra 20#s off my ass and put down at least another 1000 miles/year it could be doable.  A couple of years ago I said I'd never race cyclocross...and then I said I'd never mountain bike, but my new 29er will be here this week. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Congratulations! You are TOUGH!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Congratulations! You are TOUGH!

Thanks!  Funny you say that...I think I was tougher last year, since I fell down a lot and always looked like I lost fights.  So far I'm staying upright a lot more this year.  My bruises this year are all from the mountain bike.  So hopefully by this time next year I can go for some stretches without being all black-and-blue. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Congratulations Zoomie!!!!

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Still counts.  Congratulations and cheers! 

+1.  Rock on, Zoomie.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                    Emil Zatopek

You'll ruin your knees!

Zoom, THAT.IS.AWESOME!!! 

Greatness... and to think I knew you when! 

The pic is priceless!

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Dog-Love

I love the socks FFS.  I don't know what FFS means but I can guess and from the gal who started us with HTFU...I am sure I am right.  Great job zoomy.

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I love the socks FFS.  I don't know what FFS means but I can guess and from the gal who started us with HTFU...I am sure I am right.  Great job zoomy.

For fuck's sake! I can't wait for the next race...sweet suffering!

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zoom, THAT.IS.AWESOME!!! 

Greatness... and to think I knew you when! 

The pic is priceless!

Hey, my El Mariachi should be here this week -- freaking out!

~ Sarah Kay

HappyFeat

Congratulations Zoomy! Love the photo too.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

I wish I had a photo of myself looking THAT GOOD!

Recalculating...