New Member (Read 889 times)

Member Since 2008

welcome aboard, Running is addictive. (unfortunately, very painful right now).
      Diabetes runs in my family - father, aunts, grand mother. Needed to try and short circuit the path. I've had high blood sugar for some time. Hopefully, running will keep it from being an issue for me.
      Running so has kept me in control sans meds. My brother was dx'd 6 weeks after I was, so that made 10 diabetics in 4 generations. Bet if I had been running before that I'd put off the illness for a long time to come.

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Gaby

wake me up!

Took diabetes to get me running. Hopefully your running will keep that from being an issue for you. I too hated (or thought I did) running. I love it!!!! Gaby, I love your icon!
        Thanks! That's me after my long runs! Dead