Multiple Routes from Same Start Point (Read 666 times)

nrainey80

I've been totally loving the new map feature that allows me to see other runs in a geographical context. The only thing I've noticed is that when you have multiple routes from the same starting point (such as a trailhead or my house), the markers pile up on top of eachother and, as far as I can tell, you can only access the top marker. I'm not sure how you could fix it. Maybe when you click on a pile of markers, first the top one shows, then another click would cycle the next marker/route to the top, etc. Perhaps other folks would have an idea. Great, great program. I use it every single time I run. Thanks!!
    Wingz

Professional Noob

Yes, a route-toggle feature would be useful here. Smile

Roads were made for journeys...

Agreed, this is definitely a needed feature. There are a fair number of runners here where I work. All of our maps, of course, are going to start from pretty much the front door, so the markers are all on top of each other. Keep up the great work on this wonderful site, Eric! Josh

2011 Goals:
        sub 17min 5k
        5:15 mile?
        (well, maybe next year)

Second. (Third?) I know there are maps I cant open because they are covered by other maps. Of course, this is a good problem to have. Wink
          scrumhalfgirl

I was thinking the same thing earlier this week! Yes please! Smile

-Jess

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

One approach that I mentioned before is to list all the locations in text form to the side of the map. Googal local does this and now motionbased trailnetwork does this, and both seem to work very well for tight mashups like this.
                I've found that if you zoom all the way in, you can usually pick out the individual markers. Maybe a useful workaround temporarily.
                The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare. -- Juma Ikangaa, Tanzanian marathoner

Help to defeat Lou Gehrig's Disease. Please sponsor me in The Ride to Defeat ALS. I'm riding in memory of my dad.
                http://runpebsrun.blogspot.com
                mikeymike

If you set the search parameters for distance as narrow as possible it reduces the # of routes by a lot. So if you're looking for a 5 mile route, start really narrow (like 4.9 to 5.1 miles) and work your way out.

Runners run