From 84th to 1st in one year!! (Read 859 times)

C.J

RunningKidCJ

hey everyone, I did my school cross country today and as you can tell i came 1st!! yay Big grin But i'll start my story at this time last year(2008). I ran the cross country and came an awesome 84th Dead I wasnt to happy with my fitness level and my weight so i decided to start jogging. After about 6 months i had really started to feel myself get fitter, stronger and lighter. At this point i really enjoyed running and was hooked Tongue I started to get a bit more serious and i increased my training and effort. Back to this year(2009). When i heard the cross country was coming up i was alot more excited and enthusiastic about it. All my mates knew i had been training and thought i had a good chance of winning. The cross country came and i felt really good. I ran well and felt strong all the way. I ended up coming 1ST!! and finishing the 6km about 3 or 4 minutes faster than second place. I was extremely proud and realized that this was my first ever blue ribbon and age champion trophy Big grin I am really happy about my achievement and looking forward to the regional races and to next years cross country!!!
    theyapper

On the road again...

Lots to be proud of there, CJ. Congrats!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Purdey

Self anointed title

Congrats - good luck.

Awesome job man. I know almost exactly how you feel.. I went from an all state sprinter to 3rd in the state xc in just 4 months and I felt so much more accomplished than when I sprinted. Looks like you killed the competition too, I think you're on a great path so keep it up.
          PaulJ

Atta boy!
            runnerclay

Consistently Slow

congrats.keep it up. Big grin

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

C.J

RunningKidCJ

Thank you very much!!Big grin I have my regional races in 3 weeks. Am I right in thinking of doing mainly speed training as a preparation to this race?