I've missed you run before dawn (Read 171 times)

I've missed you run before dawn. It's been a while.

With the first steps out the door I see that rusty dot of Mars. Turn the corner to see a sliver moon and brilliant Venus.

A mile later past the marsh I hear a screeching and with the first light I see it's a big owl in the top of the tree, trying to scare up one last meal.

Pulling back toward home with the dawn light it's me and the birds and a few other joggers.

I've missed you run before dawn. It's been too long.

Altair5

Runs in the rain

Is that a poem? Very nice imagery. I've though of writing haikus while running about things I see. Would give me something to think about rather than how tired I feel!

Long distance runner, what you standin' there for?
      Get up, get out, get out of the door!

Is that a poem? Very nice imagery. I've though of writing haikus while running about things I see. Would give me something to think about rather than how tired I feel!

Just mental notes of what I saw on my jog the other morning.

I used to jog more. These are the kind of things I find that I miss the most, and why I've always really loved September for jogging. It's too hard to get up at 4 am in July, but more reasonable to get out the door at 5:30 am in September.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Well, I have indeed been enjoying the sight of the planets and the moon the past few weeks.

I totally dread the mornings getting darker every fall. As well as the adjustment for Daylight Savings Time in the spring, just when mornings start to get light again. I would much rather run in daylight than darkness. I thought this was the case for most people. It's safer, and you don't have to mess with lighted vests or headlamps.

Dave

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

See below.

Well, I have indeed been enjoying the sight of the planets and the moon the past few weeks.

keeponrunning

I don’t mind it dark in the mornings so much but I find it harder to get out the door when it’s dark when I get home from work.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

SPUNKY57

Spunky57

Well said! All good reasons for a pre-dawn run! So tell my mind/body that at 4:45 am when the bed magnet is winning. Smile

Gizmo2019

Doug b that’s beautiful , love it. I completely miss running early in the morning. Except I used to go out at the very crack of dawn. Just getting light, a couple birds starting to wake. Complete silence. Crisp. Cool, windy. Fresh.sanity. A couple other runners/walkers patting away exchanging knowing smiles.

but then the cats. They scare me. Outdoor domesticated cats, feral cats, and bobcats. I sometimes see them hiding under parked cars, staring at me as I briskly walk by. They’re in their launch position, salivating at my jugular. My heart races as I retreat to my own path, creating more space between us, and avoid eye contact. I manage to get by them, steal a quick look back, just to find them moving on. Who’s the threat to who.

it’s the same with the screeching owls. How dare I wake before them. They scream at me, threatening to clasp their sharp talons on my body and lift me away.

now I just run on a treadmill.

boring. But safe! And available at anytime!

Luciplay

yes I agree, I love running when there is a cold breeze and great scenic. Running by the beach us awesome! I miss it too!

That brought back memories!! The only time I run early (as in break of dawn) is when we are in a place where daytime is too hot to run when we are on holidays. Nothing like running the trail along the Pacific coast at sunrise... Dang, I wish I coulda gone this year....

artikles2

That sounds really amazing, if i try to run befoe 10 am it feels like my body has been in hibernation, lol